Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
10%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
1%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
6%
Bookmark/Favorite support
5%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
14%

Total votes : 5271

Storage-free password hashing

Postby wilbertnl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm

wilbertnl

Re: KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

Postby sameer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:13 am

d0g Wrote:One of the nicest features of RoboForm, and to a lesser extent 1Password, are the keyboard shortcuts.
Most useful is a shortcut for bringing up a 'search window' which live-filters your passcards, so you can easily find a site and auto-login.
I would also prefer an option to use a hotkey to auto-fill or auto-login to a site.

Customizable hotkeys were completed in the last release (1.30).
Local search is being currently implemented and should be released to our pre-build time next week.
If you'de like to help test it, join the prebuild team : https://lastpass.com/pbt.php

Thanks for the suggestion!
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby sameer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:30 am

Avian00 Wrote:1) Could you clarify the proposed iPhone support? Are you talking about an iPhone-formatted web page, or a native application that syncs to my repository?

To be honest, we have not fully decided. We're concerned about the lack of control with distributing
security fixes with a native application, but also recognize the increased usability of doing it native.
We've started working on a mobile web-page - so that will be released first...with a native app
to follow in the coming months.

Avian00 Wrote:2) Would you ever consider releasing an open-source version that could be installed on my own personal web server (PHP + MySQL)?

Probably not in the short term, for several reasons. Our goal is to improve the web experience of average Internet users. Most average internet users don't have the expertise to set up their own web server, so there are simply more pressing things for us to focus on (such as iPhone support). Also, in the future we'd like to generate revenue by selling corporate wide licenses to businesses. Doing so will allow us to continue to make new LastPass features free for individuals and personal use. Having said this, at some point we might end up open-sourcing our encryption stack.

Thanks for your questions Avian00,
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Postby sameer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:43 am

A quick response to your request for multiple Profile support:

eathaiku Wrote:1) Say, I'm an sysadmin, and what to give a field technical a set of passwords --simple export a profile maintained for the field technician job role (and give it to him on a usb agent :o ).

Currently you can share individual logins easily - would ability to share all passwords in a group solve this issue?
Also, making employees manually import passwords could also be avoided - they should just login, and accept
any logins you've shared with them. Our thinking is that hopefully there should be no need to pass out passwords
on a usb key, by email, etc.

eathaiku Wrote:2) Another example, would be allowing your web client plugin at PC 'A' (located at work) use only your 'work' profile while at PC 'B' (located at home) your can use all your profiles --this way if PC 'A' is compromised/you resign/is shared by others, there's no threat to your personal credentials (admittedly, logging off your LastPass plugin would keep it safe, but browser sharing coworkers wouldn't have those passwords).

This makes complete sense, so I'll be adding this to our features list in a few minutes - please vote for it.

Thank you for the great suggestion eathaiku!
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Postby sameer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:53 am

cheeseflavor Wrote:Not sure if this will be covered with the form filling, but something similar to Roboform's "Identities" that would hold user information. For example, credit cards (multiple), bank info, address, email, etc.

We released FormFill in 1.30 - that should take care of your credit card and address information needs.
On top of that, LastPass also allows you to enter arbitrary data in a "notes" section for each of your logins.
I use this to store everything from my garage door combination, to my bank PIN code,
to my credit card numbers.
Having said this, community feedback has told us that this feature is not very intuitive.
Most users don't seem to understand that this possible.
So, we'll be improving this to a more formal "secure notes" type feature soon.
If you want to help test it and shape exactly how it is done, join the prebuild team: https://lastpass.com/pbt.php

Thanks for the suggestion cheeseflavor!
sameer
Last edited by sameer on Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sameer
Site Admin

Postby sameer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:05 am

morpheme Wrote:Hi, I put this in a different topic, but to reiterate: my main desire is for wildcard and/or regular expression support for the url field.

Hi morpheme,

A few weeks back we made the URL field editable, so you can specify the exact URL in question.
As for regexp support - ideally we want to make LastPass usable by mere mortals.
We'd hate to think that people - even advanced users - have to write regexps to use LastPass.
But, we currently do understand your need for this.
We're going to make some serious efforts shortly to improve our matching algorithms.
We're hoping that after we're done, you and other users wont have the need for regexps.
We're not sure if we can completely rid the need for them, but we want to try.
So, check back in a few weeks and if you still feel that regexps are needed, please let us know.

Thanks,
sameer
sameer
Site Admin

Postby Kross » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Vote:

Auto-Login for all sites I've stored login/pass info for, as soon as I visit them.

1. I want to sit down at my computer, open firefox, enter my password LastPass Password, and done. (maybe wait for me to goto a site that requires login before prompting me for lastpass password)

2. Then when I go to any site that requires my login/pass info, it fills it out and logs me in. SOO easy and blows my mind that this is not a feature.

3. I realize I can go to the lastpass menu, then the bookmarks within that, but that sucks... I just want to go to any random site that I've stored my password for and it fills it in, and logs me in. This has GOT-TO-BE easy to implement with just a small option to turn it off in the OPTIONS.

easy right?

- Kross
Kross

Postby goi_master » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:56 pm

sameer Wrote:
morpheme Wrote:Hi, I put this in a different topic, but to reiterate: my main desire is for wildcard and/or regular expression support for the url field.

Hi morpheme,

A few weeks back we made the URL field editable, so you can specify the exact URL in question.
As for regexp support - ideally we want to make LastPass usable by mere mortals.
We'd hate to think that people - even advanced users - have to write regexps to use LastPass.
But, we currently do understand your need for this.
We're going to make some serious efforts shortly to improve our matching algorithms.
We're hoping that after we're done, you and other users wont have the need for regexps.
We're not sure if we can completely rid the need for them, but we want to try.
So, check back in a few weeks and if you still feel that regexps are needed, please let us know.

Thanks,
sameer

I really hope the matching algorithms will be good. It get's to be quite frustrating when a site times out and they add a query string variable to the login page URL for the last_page (or redirect_to or ....). I end up with 20 different entries for the same site. What's a good example site to use? Try any WordPress based site.
goi_master

Postby Gerry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:07 pm

sameer Wrote:Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list

I didn't expect you to, but I'm just going to point out that you did not add my suggestion from the top of page two:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10#p285

...and just so there are no excuses, here it is in pole friendly format:

"Certification of all releases or some other method where we do not have to blindly trust your code to do as you tell us it does"

A HUGE BOLDED footnote to that would be that, a half solution is not a solution.

P.S. I know I'm a pain in the ass, but the person who was smart enough to come up with a system as complete as Lastpass, would also know that I'm right about this. That for the system to truly be secure, this weakness needs to be addressed, no matter how huge the task seems.
Gerry

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Gerry Wrote:"Certification of all releases or some other method where we do not have to blindly trust your code to do as you tell us it does"

A HUGE BOLDED footnote to that would be that, a half solution is not a solution.

I agree this is important and we want to find a solution for it. The traditional method that is employed by bigger companies like say Microsoft (the market forces them to do the right thing or pay for it dearly in bad publicity), doesn't totally work for us yet as we haven't released a commercial product to the enterprise space and haven't reached scale. I'd argue this is still a big factor for us though, as it's crucial for our success.

If you have any ideas we're all ears, and let's open a new topic on it.
JoeSiegrist

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests