Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
11%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
2%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
5%
Bookmark/Favorite support
6%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
12%

Total votes : 4666

Reduce the number of clicks to login on session timeout

Postby samhhughes » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:27 pm

I'd like it if you could optimize the workflow for when I sign in after my session expires to get rid of the three clicks required. You could easily turn that in to one.

Here's what happens:
I sign in somewhere else, which (intentionally) logs me out of chrome.
As some point later I come back to chrome and I see the little grayed out icon. I click that.
I get a dialog that says Your sessions appears to have expired... yada yada. Click ok.
Then I click the gray icon again

My suggestion:
Combine the 'your session expired' message with the login box.
(and have the option of immediately opening the lastpass menu once I sign in successfully, so I don't have to click again)

Specifically this is in the chrome client, but I'd imagine it's the same in other browsers.
samhhughes

Multi level protection for important passwords

Postby wildlarva » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:33 am

The importance of passwords are different. Some passwords are so important, some passwords are not so important.
- Examples of important passwords: bank, trading, credit card, PayPal, sns, email accounts, etc.
- Examples of non important passwords: entertainment, shopping, point card, forum accounts, etc.

Important passwords should be treated more carefully than non important ones.
I think it's better to introduce multi level protection to keep them more secure and require additional factor authentication for important passwords and secure notes.
Most of important passwords are used less frequently than non important ones, it may not be so burdensome.
a. non important level session: only non important passwords and secure notes are allowed to access
b. important level session: all passwords and secure notes are allowed to access

You enter a. after you login to LastPass.
You move to b. after you succeed in the additional factor authentication and move to a. after some time passes.

Non important passwords should be enabled when you first login to LastPass and important ones are disabled at that time.
With additional factor authentication, you can access to important passwords for some time and log off from the session automatically.
You can access non important passwords even after logging off from the important level session.
wildlarva

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby indiekaname » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:05 am

Dev Team,

It doesn't appear there is a way for the user to manage their custom templates. I just created a test one as I was playing with the UX to see what I could do, and I haven't been able to manage my templates. Can your DB support the ability for me to add/change fields? Here's to hoping notes are a relatively simple NoSQL or XML object =D
indiekaname

Postby Nusaram » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:12 pm

LPA should be updated to support Windows 10 UWP apps.

For example, I use OneNote with password-protected sections. It sure would be nice to have LPA support the login in OneNote.
Nusaram

Postby jtroth » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 pm

When I recently upgraded to Version 4.xx from 3.x (I'm now on 4.1.35) I found that I had lost that handy-dandy Firefox toolbar menu I used to have. For example, it made it so easy to go to my favorites - just two clicks and in a convenient screen location. Similarly generating a new password, or choosing an autofill profile to use, was so easy. Can I please please have that back?
jtroth

Postby proportal714 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 am

Master password protection for form fields - especially where bank and credit card details are requested. Allowing this to be a case by case is also a good idea - turn off feature (on by default) for trusted sites - eg my bank, but not for other commerce sites.
proportal714

Previous

Return to Feature Requests