Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What 3 New Features Are Most Important To You?

iPhone support
6%
Support for your other Windows application passwords
11%
Safari support
2%
Blackberry support
1%
Multi-factor authentication (secureid,cards,SMS/phone,fingerprint,other?)
10%
Google Chrome support
8%
Google Android support
6%
Windows Mobile support
2%
Login synchronization between Firefox , Internet Explorer, and LastPass Pocket
4%
Opera support
1%
Support for multiple profiles (work/home/travel)
6%
Autologout of websites (reverse of Autologin)
4%
Autofill secure questions (mother's maiden name)
6%
Versioning/Rollback support
3%
Wildcard/Regex support for URL matching
5%
Bookmark/Favorite support
6%
Disposable Email Addresses
7%
Other - please post your feature so we can include it in this list
12%

Total votes : 4611

Re: Vote For What New Features are Most Important To You

Postby um8kmida » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:27 am

Automatic logout of lastpass vault, after a selected time period. This is of top importance to me, as otherwise anyone with access to my device will be able to access all of my passwords if I forget to log out. I did see that in advanced edit I can choose to re-enter master password on each selected individual account, but it would be easier and more definitive (won't accidentally miss an important account) to be able to set this up on the lastpass vault itself.
um8kmida

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:46 pm

um8kmida Wrote:Automatic logout of lastpass vault, after a selected time period. This is of top importance to me, as otherwise anyone with access to my device will be able to access all of my passwords if I forget to log out. I did see that in advanced edit I can choose to re-enter master password on each selected individual account, but it would be easier and more definitive (won't accidentally miss an important account) to be able to set this up on the lastpass vault itself.

This is an extension level setting configurable in the preferences:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=153
jpenny84

Postby inarius » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:48 pm

Authenticator synchronization is a big one for me. I need to carry different phones for work / person sometimes and also switching to a new phone is a major pain. Also, Chrome extensions support for pushing some multi factor authentication requests to the app is very slick, and I wish it was supported by the LastPass Android app/fill helper as well.

A general issue I have is that Android fill support just needs to work better (I use Chrome browser btw): Persistently popping up on fields that it shouldn't, not popping up on fields that it should. Perhaps custom form fields could be detected when used and submitted by the community (sort of like an ad blocker)? The only options to dismiss the fill helper is either disable for the entire site, or press cancel every time I click on a new field and it shows up again. If I hit cancel once, I don't want to see it for a decent amount of time, I can manually launch it if I want it back (via notification). Adding a new login/password doesn't really work but I think it could. When filling a login, if a password field is not filled it should automatically copy the passcode. Also would like to configure the password clipboard expiration, the point of my phone is that I carry it and it has a passcode so I'm not concerned about it being a big security risk (using Chrome passwords or a password manger on a PC are much riskier). It should be easier to search for a matching site/app from the fill helper if it is not detected, instead of swapping out to the full application. I think there are lots of other tweaks that could be made that I am just not recalling right now.

Thanks!
inarius

Postby BainD63 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Notification of Emergency Access Request - if emergency access is set up, and the 'trusted person' requests access, the only way the LP account holder (me) knows the request has been made is by actually logging into LP - I almost exclusively use the web browser plug-in, and there is no notification provided when you log into that. It is possible that the emergency access would be granted not because it was necessary, but just because I didn't happen to log in before the waiting period expired.

I think it is imperative that there should be a message sent to me when the access is requested; it should be a notification only, and if I want to (if I'm able to), I can then log in and deny the access. If I take no action, the access would be granted after the specified waiting time. I'd like to have the option to have this notification sent to me by email and/or mobile text message.

Without this notification, I don't feel I can leave this feature activated except for circumstances where I'm traveling or otherwise more at risk than normal. The reality, however, is that I could get hit by a bus when I go to lunch today, and my family/colleagues will be greatly inconvenienced by my not being confident in leaving the emergency access feature activated.

Thanks!
BainD63

Postby otisEsmith » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 am

Please add: Allow custom password generation rules for each site as as option
otisEsmith

Postby crazy88990 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 pm

i would like 2 step authentication using SMS/text
crazy88990

Postby AndreiVas » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:43 pm

crazy88990 Wrote:i would like 2 step authentication using SMS/text

Already exists .

LastPass Authenticator : Generates one time verification codes or sends push notifications to your smart phone.
AndreiVas

Postby mikeakin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 am

Please change Lastpass to read the security question and be able to fill in the appropriate answer for the challenge question.

Here is a link to an example from a bank web site.

http://bit.ly/2ktbgGV
mikeakin

Postby stopokingme » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Voted other - The thing I most want is definitely a more compact user interface. I felt it was a little bit big under 3.0 ad 4.0 is horridly large. I understand people have different desires, but if there was a very compact view mode I would be a happy camper (one line per entry with minimal padding and collapse-able folders)

I was silent til now, but it appears that my chrome extension doesnt seem to work with version 3.0 anymore, so I'd really like to see future versions bring back view modes that are not icon/picture driven.
stopokingme

Postby wilim » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:52 am

Lastpass for Applications on Linux. I love Lastpass, but not having that makes it a pain to use generated passwords for apps like Steam on Linux Mint. I'd even be willing to run a manually install script if it were made available.
wilim

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests