Software Licenses storage

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Software Licenses storage

Postby h00ligan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm coming over from 1password (great app but i need something cross platform) and I would love to see the ability to store software licenses. I realize it's not directly in line with password management but it is a feature I have used heavily within 1password. The ability to have access to that info on any machine and on the iphone would be a fantastic thing... as it is now, i'm not sure what I will use for a solution if i abandon 1Password. Any thoughts on how to get this functionality as Lastpass exists would be a help, perhaps I overlooked something (only been using for an hour or so and trying to import) - however if I'm correct, i'd love to see it added!

Keep up the great work.
h00ligan

Re: Software Licenses storage

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:38 pm

h00ligan Wrote:I'm coming over from 1password (great app but i need something cross platform) and I would love to see the ability to store software licenses. I realize it's not directly in line with password management but it is a feature I have used heavily within 1password.

Can you send us the import format for your licenses: support@lastpass.com (hide your license keys first)? We've had a number of requests for 'templates' which I think this would fall into, basically overlays on top of secure notes to have nice formatting/Entry UIs.
JoeSiegrist

Postby h0pc » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 pm

h00ligan Wrote:I'm coming over from 1password (great app but i need something cross platform) and I would love to see the ability to store software licenses. I realize it's not directly in line with password management but it is a feature I have used heavily within 1password. The ability to have access to that info on any machine and on the iphone would be a fantastic thing... as it is now, i'm not sure what I will use for a solution if i abandon 1Password. Any thoughts on how to get this functionality as Lastpass exists would be a help, perhaps I overlooked something (only been using for an hour or so and trying to import) - however if I'm correct, i'd love to see it added!

Keep up the great work.

I just use notes and copy/paste the email and/or other info for software licenses into it. I can organize within LP folders by type of software if I ever got really motivated.

-E
h0pc

Postby h00ligan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:16 pm

well for now i'm making a google spreadsheet, but man what a pain in the butt.
h00ligan

Postby JoeSiegrist » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:51 am

h00ligan Wrote:well for now i'm making a google spreadsheet, but man what a pain in the butt.

Thanks for sending the format -- we can make a way to quickly import that data into our Secure Notes in a day or so while we plan on what the format should be for the template concept
JoeSiegrist

Postby h00ligan » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:32 pm

great! hope it helps. thx for the quick response.
h00ligan

Return to Feature Requests