Taskbar button

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Taskbar button

Postby deadman36g » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:42 pm

I would like to see an option to move the toolbar to the taskbar (with the same functionality). I am not a huge fan of having cluttered toolbars and I think that the lastpass button could serve the same purpsose in the taskbar.
deadman36g

Re: Taskbar button

Postby sameer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:29 am

We recognize the value of screen real estate and so have done a lot of work to try to be as small as possible.

In IE, you can completely hide the toolbar/button - so we support exactly what you're asking.

In FF, you can do the same thing (disable "use compact toolbar" in preferences and then uncheck firefox->view->lastpass toolbar)
and then access us via the bottom right tiny 10x10 pixel icon in the FF window.
Yes, this isn't "nothing", but 10x10 pixels in FF in the bottom right corner isn't unreasonable.

Thanks.
sameer
Site Admin

Postby geoffb » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 pm

deadman36g Wrote:I would like to see an option to move the toolbar to the taskbar (with the same functionality). I am not a huge fan of having cluttered toolbars and I think that the lastpass button could serve the same purpsose in the taskbar.

I'm unsure what you mean by 'taskbar'. I'm guessing you mean system tray?
Assuming you mean tray, I think there's a call for both; there are times when I don't have a browser open, and I want to get to the contents of a secure note. Rather than spend the time to load a browser just to get to the contents of a note that has nothing to do with the web, it would be nice to have a tray icon to right-click on to browse the list of secure data (including sites and identities).

I also think there's a strong case for having the toolbar as well though, since (for me) real estate is sacrificed proportionally to how often I use something. I use LastPass many, many times each browsing session, and I feel it deserves somewhere that is easy to get to, and where it can be customised (large icons vs. small icons, having separate toolbar buttons for common tasks, etc).

Cheers,
Geoff
geoffb

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:47 am

We will be adding a tray application soon -- it'll be used to pass your login credentials to the plugins (so you only have to login once to use IE/Firefox), used to simplify idle/autologout (since it can always run), and to handle windows application passwords.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby geoffb » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:56 pm

JoeSiegrist Wrote:We will be adding a tray application soon -- it'll be used to pass your login credentials to the plugins (so you only have to login once to use IE/Firefox), used to simplify idle/autologout (since it can always run), and to handle windows application passwords.

Joe

Sounds ideal Joe!
Cheers,
Geoff
geoffb

Postby deadman36g » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:39 pm

sameer Wrote:We recognize the value of screen real estate and so have done a lot of work to try to be as small as possible.

In IE, you can completely hide the toolbar/button - so we support exactly what you're asking.

In FF, you can do the same thing (disable "use compact toolbar" in preferences and then uncheck firefox->view->lastpass toolbar)
and then access us via the bottom right tiny 10x10 pixel icon in the FF window.
Yes, this isn't "nothing", but 10x10 pixels in FF in the bottom right corner isn't unreasonable.

Thanks.

This is actually exactly what I was wanting (I typed taskbar but meant statusbar). I am a longtime Sxipper user but am definitely stating to enjoy your product better. I wish you had more options for form filling, and I still have a couple issues with Autologin but each release keeps getting better.
deadman36g

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:24 pm

deadman36g Wrote:This is actually exactly what I was wanting (I typed taskbar but meant statusbar). I am a longtime Sxipper user but am definitely stating to enjoy your product better. I wish you had more options for form filling, and I still have a couple issues with Autologin but each release keeps getting better.

Can you be more specific about what options you'd like to see?

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby deadman36g » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Sure,

with Sxipper Form Filler can can options for
automatically checking ToS checkboxes, add certain passwords you can use for certain accountname,
and hotkeys to autofill the informartion.

Thats all I can remeber atm because I do not use Sxipper anymore.
deadman36g

Return to Feature Requests