iPhone client suggestions

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

iPhone client suggestions

Postby Scytale » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:35 am

Here are a few things I feel are missing from the iPhone app:

- Ability to delete sites and notes from the iPhone.
- Refresh button to fetch updated data from the server. The only way I know to do this currently is log out and back in, which is very clunky.
- Not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to launch the real Safari browser with some sort of bookmarklet or javascript to do the fill. I'm not a fan of the embedded browser so I mostly use the bookmarklet and just administer my secure notes on the app.
Scytale

Re: iPhone client suggestions

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:48 am

Scytale Wrote:- Ability to delete sites and notes from the iPhone.
- Refresh button to fetch updated data from the server. The only way I know to do this currently is log out and back in, which is very clunky.

These are both in the works, but are good, thanks!

Scytale Wrote:- Not sure if this is possible, but it would be great to launch the real Safari browser with some sort of bookmarklet or javascript to do the fill. I'm not a fan of the embedded browser so I mostly use the bookmarklet and just administer my secure notes on the app.

Apple locks us down an extreme amount, can't access Safari, can't control it, can't read the bookmarks, etc -- you can install the bookmarklets on the phone but they have to be network based (instead of the speed of local), and they have no tie in to the local app. I had hoped that I could install the bookmarklets from the app but even that is restricted.

I've been pushing hard to make the built-in browser better -- with this next release (waiting on Apple, or available if you're on the AdHoc team: https://rodan.lastpass.com/ilastpass.zip) if you kill the app, and go back it returns the browser state. Are there other items I can do to bring the usability up? Someone else mentioned easier access to your site list which I'm working on, and adding a button to immediately go to the browser.
JoeSiegrist

Postby Scytale » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:31 pm

Thanks for the fast response! It's great to see that you guys are working on improving the app. I've only had the iPhone app since last night, but I'll post any other usability thoughts I have as I play with it.
Scytale

Postby iam6foot6 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:35 pm

Let me start off by saying I love lastpass! I am a premium member and I think the service they provide is second to none. This application gets 3 stars from me because it uses its own browser. A lot of my sites require cookies and this browser does not support them. I need this app to recall my passwords like it does, but when I click on the site to visit, open safari so I can use the full internet and not this watered down one.The things I need to to be clear is the ability to get cookies, to upload and store favorites and other websites recognizing the browser as a legitimate one instead of them saying that this browser is not supported. Right now what I have to do is open this app, show the password, copy the password, close the app, open safari, enter my user name then paste the copied password into safari. I am better off using the booklets. Please make this change then this app would get 5 stars and a lot more paying members.
iam6foot6

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:56 am

iam6foot6 Wrote:Let me start off by saying I love lastpass! I am a premium member and I think the service they provide is second to none. This application gets 3 stars from me because it uses its own browser. A lot of my sites require cookies and this browser does not support them. I need this app to recall my passwords like it does, but when I click on the site to visit, open safari so I can use the full internet and not this watered down one.The things I need to to be clear is the ability to get cookies, to upload and store favorites and other websites recognizing the browser as a legitimate one instead of them saying that this browser is not supported. Right now what I have to do is open this app, show the password, copy the password, close the app, open safari, enter my user name then paste the copied password into safari. I am better off using the booklets. Please make this change then this app would get 5 stars and a lot more paying members.

We would integrate into Safari if Apple allowed it; we desperately want this, tell Apple you want want them to open Safari on the iPhone to development.

LastPass' built in browser DOES support cookies -- there should be very little (if any) difference between Safari on the iPhone and LastPass' browser in terms of Cookies/Javascript/Website support/etc
JoeSiegrist

Postby acgow » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Greetings I'm new to this forum and to LastPass and I must say that it's really really great so far of what I've discovered, I also recently paid for premium because I wanted to support you guys with the developement!

But down to bussiness.

I've a little request for the iPhone application and that is to introduce Landscape keyboard, specially when logging in with the master password. I'm using a really long and complex password and it would just make it alot easier for me to log on if there was a Widescreen / Landscape keyboard as I'm not very skilled with hitting the tiny letters.

Once again, thanks for a great software :D
acgow

Postby wendrila » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:19 am

How does the Iphone work work with texing? I dont really understand how it works and how much the plan is goign to come up as. Im planning on getting the new iphone thats coming out in july, single plan but i want unlimited texting. That adds 20$ but does that include using the internet? I mean it is the iphone. Youtube,, facebook,,, etc,,, is it only free with wifi or would that nclude the 3g networking as well?
wendrila

Postby acgow » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

wendrila Wrote:How does the Iphone work work with texing? I dont really understand how it works and how much the plan is goign to come up as. Im planning on getting the new iphone thats coming out in july, single plan but i want unlimited texting. That adds 20$ but does that include using the internet? I mean it is the iphone. Youtube,, facebook,,, etc,,, is it only free with wifi or would that nclude the 3g networking as well?

That depends completely on which Service Provider you choose, all of them have different offers and different prizes and of course which country you live in.

I've got unlimited texts inside my service providers network, 100 texts to other networks and unlimited data traffic anywhere in my country. These are options you could add with my provider though, doesn't mean every provider offers this. Since this thread is about LastPass for iPhone. I suggest that you ask your question in a phone forum or actualy ask different service providers and compare them to eachother and choose what's best for you.

And by the way, the new iPhone 3GS is already out in most countries so who knows what's available where you live!
acgow

Return to Feature Requests