Are there any plans to multi-factor authentication?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Are there any plans to multi-factor authentication?

Postby artisticcheese » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:53 am

Hi,

Bigger vulnerability of lasspass is actually it's strength - i.e. knoledge of single password will allow to get keys to the kingdom. I would really like to see some multi-factor authentication build in (like utilizing Windows Card Space or client SSL certificates for authentication). This will calm down a lot of corncern about phishing attacks as well people getting access to sensitive data just becouse they somehow get hold of password.
artisticcheese

Re: Are there any plans to multi-factor authentication?

Postby JoeSiegrist » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 pm

artisticcheese Wrote:Hi,

Bigger vulnerability of lasspass is actually it's strength - i.e. knoledge of single password will allow to get keys to the kingdom. I would really like to see some multi-factor authentication build in (like utilizing Windows Card Space or client SSL certificates for authentication). This will calm down a lot of corncern about phishing attacks as well people getting access to sensitive data just becouse they somehow get hold of password.

We have Yubikey and Sesame (which is free with premium and works with any USB storage device). We'll continue to expand this...
JoeSiegrist

Re: Are there any plans to multi-factor authentication?

Postby artisticcheese » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:40 pm

All those require physical device to work which majority of people woult not have at their disposable with them all the time. I meant still something software based but not relying on password (like certificate or Windows CardSpace card)
artisticcheese

Return to Feature Requests