Google Chrome support?

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Google Chrome support?

Postby Gerry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Correction.... it seems not to be using it's own process manager after all, but instead is using window's default process manager. LOL, so from what I can tell they haven't really done all that much at all from that side of things.
Gerry

Postby Gerry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:09 pm

Heh, funny

Google Chrome vulnerable to carpet-bombing flaw:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843

proof-of-concept:
http://raffon.net/research/google/chrome/carpet.html
Gerry

Postby Gerry » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Just did a quick side by side and this (set to galaxy) actually seems to run smoother in Firefox:
http://nihilogic.dk/labs/particles/

I'd like to see some proof that their js engine does indeed run faster.
Gerry

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Gerry Wrote:LOL Joe! Come on, if their process system matches up to the claims, then it's gonna be pretty good too. Firefox does pack it in whenever a site gets out of hand and we have to wait for that site to do it's thing before FF starts responding again. Although I won't be using their browser long enough to find out if it's true or not. I do have my doubts as Windows uses a process system but when an app crashes it often locks up the whole OS, so I wouldn't be surprised if they are exaggerating their claims on this.

I was kidding, I love to see the advancement of the space and technology in general (and the possibility that other browsers will adopt the V8 javascript engine, and that we won't have to rewrite lastpass.com to be faster makes me very happy).

And further, if we can make the plug-in happen, it'll make LastPass even more important as you switch between 3 different browsers.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby MxxCon » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:37 pm

one of the reasons why its so fast is because they are doing dns pre-fetch.
look in
Code: Select All Code
\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Local State

perhaps, IF google gears are secure, implement lastpass as that..
MxxCon

Postby Gerry » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Well there's been plenty of benchmarks released:

Google's ones show ridiclous figures that I can tell just from use are rigged, firefox benchmarks claims they can beat them by the end of the year with 3.1 and there is a google employee blog from a developer of chrome who shows much closer results (however he tested with a 3.1 build of firefox), but I like these ones as they are more through:

http://lifehacker.com/5044668/beta-brow ... is-fastest
Gerry

Postby GraemeF » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:51 am

Sorry about getting back to the topic itself, but is there any news or any information at all about a LastPass plugin for Chrome? There's quite a lot of information out there now (although I haven't noticed anything about plugins), so it would be nice to hear something...
GraemeF

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:41 am

Google doesn't support extensions yet; as soon as it does, we'll be all over it...

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby GraemeF » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:07 am

Fair enough. I'm guessing it'll be a few months off before proper extensions are available. In the meantime, it is still possible...
GraemeF

Previous

Return to Feature Requests