Hide certain entrys in vault to make them invisable

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Hide certain entrys in vault to make them invisable

Postby swiftkidd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 am

Hi,

I like to keep my vault clean and tidy and there's some sites I no longer use or only use on rare occasions. I think it would be great if an option was provided in 'Edit Site Information' to make certain selected entries invisible/hidden

[ ] Favorite [ ] Never AutoFill

[ ] Require Password Reprompt [ ] AutoLogin [ ] Invisible/Hidden

I have some websites that I 'Never Touch' and it bugs me to have them in my vault, It would be good to create a new group 'Never Touch' and apply a hidden attribute to make the folder invisible but still accessible if required.

Thanks
swiftkidd

Re: Hide certain entrys in vault to make them invisable

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:09 am

Couldn't you just park them in a separate identity?

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/tools/identities/
jpenny84

Postby anastrophe » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:16 am

I'd like to see something similar to this too. While not necessarily hiding entries, it would be nice to have them excluded when one searches for entries.

In my case, I have about a dozen different accounts with Amazon AWS for assets of my own, for my primary employer, and for assorted consulting clients. Some of the accounts I use much more frequently than others. It would be nice to just block the rarely used ones from coming up when I do a quick search. I Name them all with "AWS" at the beginning so that I can keep some semblance of order in my vault. I could rename the less often used items - but then I lose some of that control of the vault.
anastrophe

Postby rooijmans731 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:09 pm

How about a feature to scan all vault entries on valid links. I've been using LastPass for many years and there multiple entries in my vault to websites that no longer exist. I'd like to automatically clean or at least highlight the websites that can no longer be reached.
rooijmans731

Postby gatesjunior » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:53 pm

Well, I can collapse the entries under categories, so I put them in separate categories so I do not have to see them. But, the saved notes showing up in the Sites listing under v4.0 is not what I want. So at least, do not show notes in the Sites area please.
gatesjunior

Postby stewart73 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi, I don't know if this has been subsequently fixed (the original post was 2013).

Could I please +1 the original author as I have exactly the same problem. I have 500 items in my vault and at least 300 are rarely used, but might be there as storage for family password secrets on their behalf, for example.

As a result, searching can bring up 8-12 items with the same name. I would appreciate a fix which could be done in a couple of ways:
1. The format suggested where each item could have a tick box saying "don't search" (Site -> Edit -> Advanced)
2. A shortcut right click menu on one (or multiple) items that lets you do the same as above, but from the main listing screen. Much more convenient.
3. A folder (eg "archived") which is not included in the search. Even more convenient and the easiest and least coding for Lastpass to do.
4. DON'T DELETE the items in the trash! It's not like you have a storage problem. Just keep everything and then I can find the items I need in there.

I'm not really sure any more what Lastpass do with their money. I've been with them for years and in my opinion version three was fine. Version four seems like an annoying cutesy interface upgrade that has basic workflow failings. It really wouldn't take any time to add a single menu item to the right click and save us all the effort.

Stewart, Australia
stewart73

Return to Feature Requests