Mobile Web or Client

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Mobile Web or Client

Postby ChrisRomp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am

I'd like to be able to sync my LastPass info with a client on a mobile device (Windows Mobile, Symbian, iPhone, etc.). I'm using Windows Mobile. If not a full client, then is there a mobile-friendly web site I can use to access my LastPass account?

Thanks,
Chris
ChrisRomp

Re: Mobile Web or Client

Postby ChrisRomp » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:34 am

Just found m.lastpass.com -- I think this should be listed more prominently on your site. Sorry I didn't check the FAQ sooner. :D
ChrisRomp

Postby knightnet » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:02 am

ChrisRomp Wrote:Just found m.lastpass.com -- I think this should be listed more prominently on your site. Sorry I didn't check the FAQ sooner. :D

Just to follow up on this.

The online mobile site is very useful BUT it does not fill all the needs many people have. For example, if you were to use LP to store bank details and then needed to contact your bank abroad (where you may have either no or very expensive data rates), you would want to look in the secure notes for the bank to see the contact details - but you probably couldn't (or it would be expensive). This really needs the "pocket" version so that it can be synchronised when you DO have access (e.g. via your PC) and then used offline.

Personally I use KeePass for this as it is cross-platform and has very good security.
knightnet

Postby exilio » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Agree completely with the above -- though in my case, I've been using RoboForm, which has a SmartPhone version that lets me quickly and easily find my logins, notes, etc. on my Win Mobile phone. I prefer LastPass on the web, but the lack of an easy lookup on my phone is a killer. Most of the time when I'm traveling, for example, I'll be in an internet cafe trying to login to some site and can't remember my password; just whip out my phone, look up the entry in Robo, and type it in to the cafe computer.
exilio

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:05 pm

exilio Wrote:Agree completely with the above -- though in my case, I've been using RoboForm, which has a SmartPhone version that lets me quickly and easily find my logins, notes, etc. on my Win Mobile phone. I prefer LastPass on the web, but the lack of an easy lookup on my phone is a killer. Most of the time when I'm traveling, for example, I'll be in an internet cafe trying to login to some site and can't remember my password; just whip out my phone, look up the entry in Robo, and type it in to the cafe computer.

We're working on native Blackberry and iPhone clients right now which will have local cached copies of your data for access when you don't have network access.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Postby dsteinschneider » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 pm

I need access from Windows Mobile 6.1 Opera on my Touch Pro (or IE6). I get the user prompt but the login button fails to log me in.
dsteinschneider

Postby juttonn » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 am

I would like to add a vote for a Windows Mobile client. I've been using Roboform for the desktop and the Pocket PC version, but don't like the limited functionality of their Windows Mobile Client (Viewer only, not on-device editing of passwords or notes, no browser auto-fill). I'd love a Windows mobile version with opera mobile integration for auto-fill and auto save of password and form information.

Thanks
juttonn

Postby ToxMox » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Just want to add my voice to the choir here. I also have an HTC Touch Pro.
ToxMox

Return to Feature Requests