Show password authentication and password exporter

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Show password authentication and password exporter

Postby Toddmc » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:11 pm

There's a firefox extension called password exporter that exports your passwords to an .xml file. It would be nice if this format was importable into lastpass.

The feature I'd really like to see is extra authentication on the show password button. Right now if you're logged in you can just hit that and see any password, I'd feel much more secure if you had to re-enter your lasspass password every time you wanted to unhide a password.
Toddmc

Re: Show password authentication and password exporter

Postby JoeSiegrist » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:01 am

Toddmc Wrote:There's a firefox extension called password exporter that exports your passwords to an .xml file. It would be nice if this format was importable into lastpass.

If you want to send the format of the file (remove usernames/passwords), it'll make this happen sooner. Please send to support@lastpass.com

Toddmc Wrote:The feature I'd really like to see is extra authentication on the show password button. Right now if you're logged in you can just hit that and see any password, I'd feel much more secure if you had to re-enter your lasspass password every time you wanted to unhide a password.

We like this idea too, will add it to the to-do list.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Re: Show password authentication and password exporter

Postby ToxMox » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am

We like this idea too, will add it to the to-do list.

Please make this optional. It does add security but only marginal in some cases since if I am already authenticated someone could in theory login to the site in question then change the password there. I see the benefit for this feature but I personally don't want to type my password every time I want to view a password stored in lastpass.
ToxMox

Return to Feature Requests