Logout upon computer lock

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Logout upon computer lock

Postby wsw70 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Greetings,

Would it be possible to implement an automatic logout upon:
- computer lock (Win-L)
- hibernation and sleep

These features would be useful for someone who has a risk profile similar to mine: leaving the laptop at work locked up for the night (no cotrol about the wherebouts) and risk of theft while on transit.

Thanks!
Wojtek
wsw70

Re: Logout upon computer lock

Postby venture » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 pm

I'll second this vote. I lock my PC at work when running out of the office, or leaving for the night. I have Lastpass set to exit on the close of the browser, but sometimes forget and leave the browser open.
venture

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:08 am

You can use the idle logout which will logout even if your computer is locked as of 1.51.2
JoeSiegrist

Postby wsw70 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:49 am

JoeSiegrist Wrote:You can use the idle logout which will logout even if your computer is locked as of 1.51.2

This is not really a solution. I may set a timeout of, say, 2 hours but then I may be away from my desk for more than 2 hours. Anyway during these 2 hours after locking up the pc it may be at risk.

I know that this is not a key feature to have but would be very useful in some scenarios.

Thanks,
Wojtek
wsw70

Postby oooocanada » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 am

I guess this is possible but I think only after they made LP running in the Tray, which according to their page is a comming feature of LP.
oooocanada

Return to Feature Requests