Aministration function

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Aministration function

Postby seanmac30 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:51 am

Hi,

This program is fantastic so much so I have decided to tell my colleagues about it an get them in on the act. One of my responsibilities is administrating a number of subscription based websites to be used by my colleagues in their day to day duties. I previously have circulated a list of usernames and passwords but have now found this beautiful tool to automate it. However, there is nothing stopping the users to undo my work and change password etc. I would like some administration rights and users rights built into to lastpass. This would also be useful for setting up Latpass for your IT illiterate parents who can never remember a password and thus don't bother. If this is not possible, how about the ability to share multiple sites at once to other lastpass users?

Johnny
seanmac30

Re: Aministration function

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:53 pm

We'll definitely be adding a group share, and more sharing features for keeping shares updated -- I'm not sure it's possible to prevent people from changing passwords though -- a clever person will be able to figure out a way to defeat / gain access to shared passwords, which is why we recommend generating passwords before sharing them, and trusting those who you share with.

If you're emailing around a password list this is clearly a step in the right direction.

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Re: Aministration function

Postby seanmac30 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:18 am

Hi Joe,

I understand that if somone was hell bent to change a password then it would no doubt be possible. However, I think in my situation it is more likely that someone does it unintentionally and a administrator level of security would be really handy. I look forward to the group sharing option though.

Thanks,

Johnny
seanmac30

Return to Feature Requests