Need quick way to disable/enable lastpass

Tell us what features would make LastPass even better and vote for features that are most important to you

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Need quick way to disable/enable lastpass

Postby nogero » Mon May 30, 2011 10:06 pm

I've been using lastpass for a couple of months. One thing that is a pain is there is no quick easy way to disable lastpass. Normally I want lastpass enabled and auto-fill on so I can login to sites, but on some occasions I want to login on a different account. To do this I have to go to browser extensions, scroll down the list to lastpass and then click disable. There should be an easier way to do this, such as being able to right-click the lastpass toolbar icon and have "Disable/Enable" show in the context menu. Many other extensions have quick disable buttons like this, such as Adblock and others.
nogero

Re: Need quick way to disable/enable lastpass

Postby ChemSteve » Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 am

Uhhhh, when you click the toolbar icon, isn't "Logoff LastPass" the first thing listed in the dropdown menu? That's exactly what you want, right?
ChemSteve

Postby nogero » Tue May 31, 2011 9:53 am

No, it's not exactly what I was thinking of. I just want to temporarily disable lastpass, not log off. I am a sys admin and must login with different accounts at times. In that case lastpass gets intrusive by autofill or prompts. I just want a quick, one-click disable/enable.
nogero

Postby jonat » Tue May 31, 2011 11:40 am

I suggest you not use auto-logon. LP will fill the login info with the most recently used but will wait for you to click the login button. You can use the AutoFill button LP displays to select a different account and then log in. This is what I do when I have multiple accounts.
jonat

Postby sdlkjkjweroiu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 am

I too have this requirement; I'm surprised nobody else has been along in the meantime. It would be less of a problem if lastpass was a little more clever when failing to log on; if at login the result is landing back at the login page, lastpass goes ahead and fills it in again, ad infinitum.
The simplest method would be something like the Avast anti virus disable options; a menu called disable, with options of 10 minutes, 1 hour, until logoff, or until reboot. An equivalent for lastpass might be '10 minutes, 1 hour, today, indefinitely' (and of course a 're-enable' if it is currently disabled).
sdlkjkjweroiu

Postby tofsjonas » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:09 pm

Bump :)
tofsjonas

Postby Bubbly » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm

Until they implement named feature, just disable the extension.
Bubbly

Pause mode please!

Postby chadharris » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:48 am

Please add some type of Pause feature that allows you to "pause" lastpass from popping up notification bars, autofilling, or changing the html in any way. Essentially it would be the same as signing out but without signing out.

This along with a keyboard shortcut would be very useful as some sites don't play well with lastpass and I'd rather pause LP than sign out.

Plus, the constant notification bars on some sites asking you to save a new site when its already been saved becomes extremely annoying and I just want to turn LP off.

Thanks!

*** Just saw there there was a Feature Request topic.. should have posted this in there.
chadharris

Re: Pause mode please!

Postby JoeSiegrist » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:50 am

I'm lost on why you'd want to do this? You have incognito mode on chrome that seems like it would be a good proxy for it.
JoeSiegrist

Re: Pause mode please!

Postby chadharris » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:36 am

I don't need a proxy... not sure what that has to do it with. Problem is that on some websites, the HTML code that is inserted by LastPass is checked for by late loading JavaScript and when detected causes the page to act different. Other times, the HTML insert by LastPass simply messes up the page. Albeit, a lot of time the messed page is caused by poor coding on the webpage itself but something that we can't control.

It is rare that I would like to pause LastPass form doing it's thing but it would be a nice feature to have. There are other extensions that I use that offer this and it's very useful. See chromeadblock.com for an example.

It's a lot easier to just pause LP when it's messing up a page rather than having to click the icon, sign out, then sign back in when you need it and have to type your password back in... Having a simple keyboard shortcut to "pause" LP would be so much easier.
chadharris

Next

Return to Feature Requests