Integration of XMarks and Lastpass

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Integration of XMarks and Lastpass

Postby akidd » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:46 am

Lastpass is so excellent. A "must have" and I recommend it to everyone.

XMarks is not. Others feel differently, but there is a reason it was bleeding cash.

I have bookmark synchronization built in to both Chrome and Firefox now. Both are improving and expanding functionality all the time. They provide 90% functionality that 90% will actually use. The other features Xmarks built beyond bookmark sync were not compelling and just unneeded bloat. Smart search? No it really isn't. I can't imagine who would use this... Browser annotations are annoying. Site Info? Why? Social bookmarking?

PLEASE keep the extensions separate. Or make a pay version of LastPass standalone. I will gladly pay to keep the XMarks stuff separate. 1Password is now on Windows and will present competition if my assertions are correct.

I hope LastPass does find new revenue streams and has great thinking to do so with Xmarks, but please don't foist it on those of us that love you for what you do best.
akidd

Re: Integration of XMarks and Lastpass

Postby Israel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:08 pm

The extensions are separate, and LastPass is already standalone... consider both your complaints already resolved. We'll never force you to buy Xmarks.
Israel
Site Admin

Postby todrodman » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 am

it would be great if xmarks installs on Safari (mac) had a better UI and UX. It was major hassle to get passwords into safari load because Xmarks don't seem to be able to access lastpass.

(like paste doesn't work in the sign-in widget, so I had to copy to stickies, and then type from sticky note... which isn't a big deal but took me more than a few iterations to figure out the issue and then use my kludge.
todrodman

Postby jonat » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Well, I liked Xmarks and am still feeling my way around Lastpass., having been a SplashID user. What I can't quite figure out yet is how to save my Xmarks password in Lastpass and not use Firefox's password manager. How is that supposed to work? Before, Xmarks would automatically log in with my saved password, once I typed in my Firefox master password.

This is my first day with Lastpass so I am sure I am going to stumble for a while.
jonat

Return to Feedback