Changing Passwords

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Changing Passwords

Postby mmcdermott » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 am

Hello,

Great program guys! I'm a die-hard Roboform user, but I think I'm going to make the switch.

One thing I have noticed that could be improved. When you go to change an existing password on a website, LastPass correctly identifies that a change is in the works and auto-generates a new secure password, however it has the annoying habit of filling in the 'Old Password' and 'New Password' fields with the new password and leaving the 'Re-type New Password' field empty. I assume the problem is the 3-field form.

Thought I would pass this along.

Keep up the great work!

Michael
mmcdermott

Re: Changing Passwords

Postby JoeSiegrist » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 pm

We typically assume that if we see 3 password fields in a row, the last 2 should be the new password -- if you have an example where this is broken we'll see if we can find a general way to solve it --

Generally we're hoping to find ways to make solutions to issues that will work the next time we come across something similar; so if you have ideas about the pattern you're seeing, we're happy to hear them.

Thanks,

Joe
JoeSiegrist

Return to Feedback