Extension + login on chrome doesn't work

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Extension + login on chrome doesn't work

Postby renee » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:36 am

When I log in via the chrome extension, then open a webpage and sign in there as well, the extension stops working properly.

Here is an example of how it stops working properly:
Suppose I login to a new website, the chrome extension will correctly give a pop-up in the corner asking us if I want to add the new details into my vault.
But then, it will mostly respond with an error if I do try to add the details.
(Sometimes though, the details will actually be added!)

Closing the webpage and then logging out and back into the extension does fix the issue.
renee

Re: Extension + login on chrome doesn't work

Postby matamedeo2 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am

Similar problems here. A day or two ago, so around Sept. 8, 2019, the Chrome browser extension stopped working. I can log in, but then it does not register with any pages I visit. If I click on it to open up the extension's menu (so to click to open my vault, for example), it does nothing. No menu pops up.
matamedeo2

Postby mormandy3743 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:00 pm

Same here. I'm realizing that though Lastpass continues to increase their yearly rate, the service is getting worse and worse. SO sick of all the problems this year. Total crapware, not renewing.
mormandy3743

Postby matamedeo2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:40 am

This problem continues with the Chrome extension failing. I did remove the extension, wipe out my browser cache, and reload everything. Did not fix it. I really do not want to switch to another service, but I need a password manager every day for personal and business purposes, and the LastPass Chrome extension has simply stopped working. Any word from the LastPass team on this?
matamedeo2

Return to Feedback