Password doesn't sync on iPhone

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Password doesn't sync on iPhone

Postby ovi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

After I save a password from the desktop, it doesn't show up right away on the iPhone when I try to login in Chrome or Safari.
If I open the app and search for the password it's there, and if I go back to Chrome or Safari now it shows up. So, I'm guessing that opening the app syncs new passwords, but just opening the iPhone passwords panel doesn't.

I tested the same scenario in another password manager and it works as expected, so it's not a limitation of the iPhone SDK.
ovi

Re: Password doesn't sync on iPhone

Postby ttube » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:05 am

Hi

I'm experiencing the same behavior. And on top (just experienced) a newly added password (via web vault) does not show up when I perform a search in my vault afterwards...

What's is going on? Or am I not understanding the mechanics of adding a new password?

Best regards
Tom
ttube

Re: Password doesn't sync on iPhone

Postby fastpass » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:31 pm

I just installed LastPass on my iPhone. I have several gmail accounts. Today, it inserted a password from one gmail account into the password field of another, where I was trying to log in.

I opened up my LP vault and checked that the passwords were correctly associated with the correct account.

LastPass inserting the wrong password is not useful. Something is very wrong.
fastpass

Return to Feedback