Persistent Taskbar icon - Lastpass for Windows Desktop

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Persistent Taskbar icon - Lastpass for Windows Desktop

Postby Bex » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Hi LastPass-ers,

I know how frustrating this one can be. In order to properly close the desktop application you will have to log out of the application. Once you are logged out you should be able to close the application fully.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Bex
Bex
Site Admin

Postby lemketron » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:43 pm

... but how do you log out of the application if you chose "always minimize"? I don't see any obvious way to actually exit it. I only tried it because I was hoping it would enable Windows Hello facial recognition (as I'm used to with FaceID on LastPass on my iPhone). Alas, it looks like it only supports fingerprints, so now I want to make the app go away but I can't.
lemketron

Postby dlo404 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:59 pm

This is a tremendous gap from a usability standpoint. There are programs you open, use, and close... and there are those that you need available to you all the time. LastPass is the latter. Dropbox, Spotify, Zoom, and so many others have figured this out... the option is called "Minimize to Tray." I don't want to be logged out, I just want the app out of my way, off the active taskbar which I use for my actively used programs. LastPass should reside passively out of the way until called upon. Hope that the development team can put this in their roadmap.
dlo404

Postby robsteele » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 am

I am having the same issue. The windows 10 app does not close out of my taskbar. It is persistent. The tray icon is where it should be :twisted: :evil: :cry:
WTF?!
robsteele

Postby findlayck397 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Ditto, I got so sick of this I cancelled my renewal, real-estate is the issue, simply keeping the app minimised to the system tray would solve this issue, not keeping it in both the system tray and task bar simultaneously, please, for my sanity look into addressing this.
findlayck397

Postby ballietf415 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:52 am

I've been using Lastpass for years. I've become quite frustrated with the Windows-based app. I too want the app to minimize to the System Tray, not the taskbar. I need the real estate. Lastpass for applications does minimize to the system tray, but the biometric login (fingerprint reader) worked only one time and the 2 factor authentication I get prompted for never works. I still have to manually put in my password and after that I'll get prompted for the 2nd factor, but not all the time. BUGGY SOFTWARE. Get it fixed or I'm out!
ballietf415

Postby RandomITGuy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:29 am

While in LastPass, click the down arrow next to your login at the top right of the screen, then select settings. Uncheck the box next to minimize on close. Now when you close LastPass it will no longer persist in your taskbar. You will only have the icon in your system tray.
RandomITGuy

Postby wiretransferlimit114 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:04 pm

LastPass yesterday stopped working on macOS and demanded that I update in order to ... Between the system tray/menu icon, the browser icon with loud number ... rid of, and the icon in the dock, it's as if my whole computer is running a tacky, ... I'm on a free LastPass account on Chrome browser and I have a one persistent.
talktoboots
wiretransferlimit114

Re: Hide Lastpass in Taskbar

Postby sphendugo148 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:47 am

This should be standard behavior! It makes me hate using the application because it won't do this.

roke Wrote:Hi! I am using LastPass for chrome for more than a year. I recently came across LastPass for application. I would like to hide the app in the system tray. I tried hitting the 'X' button. Though it remains in the system, I need to login to use it again. Is there a way to hide this in the system tray without logging out?
sphendugo148

Previous

Return to Feedback