Persistent Taskbar icon - Lastpass for Windows Desktop

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Hide Lastpass in Taskbar

Postby roke » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi! I am using LastPass for chrome for more than a year. I recently came across LastPass for application. I would like to hide the app in the system tray. I tried hitting the 'X' button. Though it remains in the system, I need to login to use it again. Is there a way to hide this in the system tray without logging out?
roke

Persistent Taskbar icon - Lastpass for Windows Desktop

Postby lrdvdr » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 pm

https://ibb.co/BjZbD6R

I use the Windows 10 Store App - Lastpass for Windows Desktop (probably one of the few using it). But I like having access to my passwords without using the browser to find it. It normally just ran in the system tray but recently it stays open in the taskbar even if I close it. Basically, I'm unable to close the app which is annoying. There is no way to close it to the system tray or close the app entirely without going to the system tray, clicking the properties and then exit.
Should be a simple fix, please fix !
lrdvdr

LastPass app (Windows 10 Store App) won't close

Postby comlastpass812 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:00 pm

I use the Windows 10 Store App version of LastPass all the time. Recently, it got updated to 4.0.1.0. Now, it app won't close when I click the Close button. Any of the Close buttons. Nothing makes it go away except a forceful termination of the process (With Task Manager, etc.). Is it just me?
comlastpass812

Re: Persistent Taskbar icon - Lastpass for Windows Desktop

Postby comlastpass812 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:25 pm

I would like to make sure you know -- my problem is NOT about the icon being persistent. It's about the entire Windows Desktop App being uncloseable.

Imagine Notepad is open. You click the "Close" button in the top right. Notepad disappears.

Now image LastPass Desktop is open. You click the "Close" button in the top right. Nothing happens. LastPass Desktop stays on your desktop, as though you had not clicked the Close button. Yes, the notification area icon is there, but that's not the problem. The problem is that LastPass Desktop never closes on its own.
comlastpass812

Postby BertB » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm

I'm having the same problem with the LastPass icon on the taskbar. I use Chrome and have the extension but have to go to task manager to close the LP program.
BertB

Postby RoloTomaso » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:25 am

Same problem here... Windows 10 ...bang up to date installations , multiple computers having the same issue with the Windows App.
RoloTomaso

Postby kevinremde » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:43 am

I hate "ditto" posts.. but.. DITTO! The Windows Store app won't close normally. I shouldn't have to go to the Task Manager to close it.

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish.. I wouldn't mind if it persisted in the system tray (and also allowed me to "exit" it from there if I choose), but this current app behavior is not acceptable.
kevinremde

Return to Feedback