Lost mobile - disabling multifactor authentication

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Lost mobile - disabling multifactor authentication

Postby JustinCase7755 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi

I have activated multifactor authentication using LastPass Authenticator.

Then actually I temporarily lost my mobile. It was not possible to disable multifactor authentication so I could not login anymore.

Briefly, there seems the option to disable multifactor authentication for this case, but it doesn't work. Now when I loose my mobile I don't have access to my passwords anymore.

And with all respect. The support took several weeks to answer my request to disable multifactor authentication.

In detail, after entering user name and password. When providing a wrong multifactor authentication there is a popup asking to disable multifactor authentication. When confirming, after entering an e-mail-address and the master password. An e-mail is sent with a link. But this did not work. Now the following text is printed:

-----------------
Es ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.

We're sorry, LastPass Authenticator cannot be disabled via email. If you have your device with the LastPass Authenticator installed, please refer to our support article on how to recover your account. Otherwise please contact our support team using the link below.

If you continue to have issues, please contact us for assistance and provide a screenshot of the below error information.

Error Information:
UID=unknown
-----------------

It looks like one need to setup more than one multifactor option to have a recovery for this case. This is not obvious for me. And at leas a notice somewhere would be nice.

I was looked out of my account (bad me) and support didn't help (yes guys lame response). Wasn't funny, it's free, so no blame.

best regards, Justin Case
JustinCase7755

Re: Lost mobile - disabling multifactor authentication

Postby JustinCase7755 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:09 am

Just for the fun. When I lost my mobile I couldn't login anymore to LastPass. I couldn't login to my Samsung account neither... for I stored by password for this account in LastPass!

What is the alternate way to login when using multifactor authentication and the mobile gets lost? Any ideas?
JustinCase7755

Postby JustinCase7755 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:10 am

I mentioned could not login to Samsung account because I could not use Samsung account to locate my lost phone!!!
JustinCase7755

Postby Bex » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:07 am

Hi LastPass Community,

In order to disable the LastPass Authentication you will have to submit a ticket so our support team can disable it on our end. This information is also provided in the artcle linked below and I will also link the support ticket below as well!

Support Ticket - https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121

Disabling LastPass Authentication - https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... r-lp010099

this thread will be locked.

-Bex
Bex
Site Admin

Return to Feedback