New program is making my life with this unbearable

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: New program is making my life with this unbearable

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 pm

ethernetguru Wrote:The new UI makes it impossible for autofill to be easily used. Please move the Autofill form fill to the top so you dont have to navigate layers to get to it.

If a form is detected, you will see the fill items at the top of the extension menu, or in the field icons. If no form is detected, the fill items can easily be accessed through the right click menu, or via the search bar at the top of your extension menu. With the search bar, simply type in the name of the card or address item you want to use. There will be a fill action icon to the right of the search result.
jpenny84

Postby roybiv » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:11 am

Unbearable is being kind - I have started looking elsewhere for a password manager. Almost all of the Icons for websites are now gone, you have to read through the lists to find the correct sites. Way too many redundant "categories". Most of the information for a site can be kept in one spot. I don't need a place for my "reward program" number separate from my login to a site. Don't get me started on "do you want to take a tour" as if I haven't been paying them money for the last 4 years. "Never" must mean something different to the Lastpass SW team. If I find a good alternative, I will post it here.

Sayonara to Lastpass if they don't improve the GUI and ease of use. Simplicity is the key!
roybiv

Postby nachteule185709 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:41 am

It used to work just fine. Why must LastPass take a perfectly fine, working program and make it impossible to use?
I would like to see them delete all the categories such as Notes, Addresses & Payment Cards, etc. and simply bring back the "Sites" and "Form Fills" only and keep these separate on the left side.
I already had existing folders and special folders where I'd store the various items so this change was NOT needed.
When I add a site, I want to add all the information in ONE form only, not multiple forms I cannot understand.
I am unable to add a custom field to a simple form fill anymore.
I need to to print out all my sites in order to have a hard copy, but the directions don't work, and for the past few days I was unable to even open my vault.
So please STOP!
We've had enough of your changes.
Everything worked fine before.
Admit you goofed up and just return to what really worked.
And please listen to us!
nachteule185709

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:57 am

nachteule185709 Wrote:It used to work just fine. Why must LastPass take a perfectly fine, working program and make it impossible to use?
I would like to see them delete all the categories such as Notes, Addresses & Payment Cards, etc. and simply bring back the "Sites" and "Form Fills" only and keep these separate on the left side.
I already had existing folders and special folders where I'd store the various items so this change was NOT needed.
When I add a site, I want to add all the information in ONE form only, not multiple forms I cannot understand.

That's how LastPass wants to proceed going forward: https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/03/new-i ... pass.html/

I am unable to add a custom field to a simple form fill anymore.

LastPass Icon > Add Item (Red circle - lower right) > More Items > New Custom Item Type

I need to to print out all my sites in order to have a hard copy, but the directions don't work, and for the past few days I was unable to even open my vault.
So please STOP!

LastPass Icon > Account Options > Advanced > Print
jpenny84

Postby robstant56469 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:57 am

i have to resort to getting my card out of my wallet and typing in the information........this looks like the first chink in the last pass armor
i'm considering other password managers
robstant56469

Postby poly6 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 pm

I finally gave up on Lastpass, cancelled my subscription and switched to BitWarden. I waited several months to see if Lastpass would fix this brain dead UI and gave up. It's too bad because everything was fine before the UI update. But the migration from Lastpass to Bitwarden was amazingly straightforward. It's not perfect but at least I'm not frustrated with its interface. Even a simple thing like sorting the list of usable passwords for a site based on last usage makes it sooo much better than Lastpass. Sorry, Lastpass, but goodbye.
poly6

Previous

Return to Feedback