New program is making my life with this unbearable

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

New program is making my life with this unbearable

Postby VADADofThree » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:45 pm

Cant stand the update. Took a good program and made it almost unusable. From one step filling in credit card information to 3-15 depending on what it recognizes. I dont want multiple options for address, credit card, etc. Cant recognize states, works about 50% of the time. Seriously did this go through beta testing? Breaking up credit cards is a horrible idea. How can we put it back to one? It is now almost easier to get a credit card out of my wallet and type it in. Please is there a way to revert to the previous version? May cancel my subscription if this doesnt get better quickly.
VADADofThree

Re: New program is making my life with this unbearable

Postby mb728 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Agreed. I have been so frustrated with the broken functionality of this version. Things that used to take 1 click now take 4 or 5, and that's if you're lucky. Half the time I have to open my vault and copy and paste the information manually. And there has been no response from LastPass to the complaints here. I was waiting thinking they might roll it back to the previous version, but I've reached the end of my rope. Now I'm looking for an alternative, and I don't care if I have to pay another company for it, as long as it works as well as LastPass USED to.
mb728

Postby bigredwhite1224 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:30 am

It won't even launch websites for me. I just got charged for the next year. Will ask for money back!
bigredwhite1224

Postby marionblair » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:22 pm

If they are so careless as to roll out this disaster, I don't trust them to keep my passwords and credit info anymore. What a piece of junk this is. Any alternatives recommended?
marionblair

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm

marionblair Wrote:If they are so careless as to roll out this disaster, I don't trust them to keep my passwords and credit info anymore. What a piece of junk this is. Any alternatives recommended?

I've been using this for a little over four months and can do everything on the new interface just fine that I could with the old one.
jpenny84

Postby kave » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:57 am

100% agree. Since there are other options available, I've already begun looking for alternatives. Tried 1Password and dumped it after a few hours (similar problems as LastPass). Since I live in the Apple ecosystem (and recently stopped using Chrome for privacy concerns), I'm trying Apple Keychain, which so far, works FAR better than this terrible version of LastPass.....
kave

Postby blueflax » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:57 pm

I AGREE. I've been using LastPass for years and recommending it to other people, but after the update I'm wondering what is happening with this company...I get constant notifications to update my browser but when I try to I get an error message. Yesterday it wouldn't allow me to save a generated password to my vault - I got an error message. WHAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE PROGRAM? I've been trying to add emergency access people, and while they tell me they get the emails and are accepting, I never get any response. Something is seriously broken.

On a less serious note, I do not like the redesign of Secure Notes; let me create the categories - don't break them out for me and create clutter I don't need or want.

The worst thing is the lack of response from LastPass. I don't see any admins addressing the serious issues users are having and talking about in these forums. I've uploaded my most sensitive data to LastPass and that is a relationship based on trust. I've created service requests and not heard back. Are they completely overwhelmed? Taken over by Russian hackers? What is happening?

Signed, Really Concerned
blueflax

Postby balazsLP » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:11 pm

Dear VADADofThree, mb728, bigredwhite1224, marionblair, kave, and blueflax, we at LastPass are sorry to to hear that you've had this experience. I've reached out to you directly.
balazsLP

Postby ethernetguru » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:05 pm

The new UI makes it impossible for autofill to be easily used. Please move the Autofill form fill to the top so you dont have to navigate layers to get to it.
ethernetguru

Postby Hiccup » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:40 pm

I have been using LastPass for 10 years and have been recommending it without hesitation - until now. I agree with other comments - this update was a disaster. It is so disappointing, since it used to be a great product. I'll give it a couple more months for LP to fix this, then I'm going elsewhere.
Hiccup

Next

Return to Feedback