Country access process is flawed and support is crap

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Country access process is flawed and support is crap

Postby leslumb68 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:39 pm

In the last couple of days my ISP changed my IP address and your IP lookup system didn't recognise my location, UK.

My lastpass account was set to restrict access to only UK so the effect of this change was to lock me out with the message: 'You are not permitted to login from this location. Please go to https://lastpass.com/unlock'

However, the unlock process at that url sends a link to my backup email address but link fails because 'We are unable to identify your country based on your ip address'
!?!

To add to the frustration, you also stopped me logging into the forum so I couldn't get assistance there - why on earth would you do this?.

Furthermore requests for assistance via email, twitter and facebook all get ignored.

Is this how your process is supposed to work? It doesn't seem to have been very well thought out.
leslumb68

Re: Country access process is flawed and support is crap

Postby Bex » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

leslumb68 Wrote:In the last couple of days my ISP changed my IP address and your IP lookup system didn't recognise my location, UK.

My lastpass account was set to restrict access to only UK so the effect of this change was to lock me out with the message: 'You are not permitted to login from this location. Please go to https://lastpass.com/unlock'

However, the unlock process at that url sends a link to my backup email address but link fails because 'We are unable to identify your country based on your ip address'
!?!

To add to the frustration, you also stopped me logging into the forum so I couldn't get assistance there - why on earth would you do this?.

Furthermore requests for assistance via email, twitter and facebook all get ignored.

Is this how your process is supposed to work? It doesn't seem to have been very well thought out.

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, when a user attempts to log in using a new location or IP address they should receive an email to verify the new location or IP address that is attempting to access their account.After looking at your account, I was able to confirm email confirmations sent to your account from 7.5.19 to 7.9.19. Were you able to receive any email to confirm the new location? Please ensure to check your spam or junk folder to see if the email has been redirected there.

Please let me know if you were able to receive the location verification email to either your account email or alternative email that is associated with your account.

-Bex
Bex
Site Admin

Return to Feedback