Fill - hover - subdomains

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Fill - hover - subdomains

Postby brad296 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 pm

I think one of the larger UI/UX problems lastpass has is that there is no way to distinguish between sub domains. I use many different logins for multiple subdomains of the major entities out there, so when I go to any Google property, I am met with a list of 50+ user names to choose from, depending on who I want to login as or what segment of that business I am in.

If I am at "marketingplatform.google.com" I get the same list of names as I do when I am at Developer.google.com or webmaster.google.com, etc. etc.

It would be really nice if you treated subdomains as if they were different entities completely or a user choice for this.

This issue is exacerbated with the new UI that says "FILL". The word FILL covers up the name you are trying to select, so scrolling to a specific name makes it near impossible to get to the one you want without some serious micro-focus on what you are doing. There are plenty of treatments that would give the same effect without making it more difficult on the end user, like a simply color highlight. Or, get rid of the domain name and overwrite that with FILL. I mean, if you think about it, You have already determined my "sub list" of domains I can pick from anyway, so my ONLY real choice, is which account to use, which is now covered up when you hover. Super difficult, imho.

</gripe>

Thanks for listening.
brad296

Re: Fill - hover - subdomains

Postby jpenny84 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:37 pm

URL rules allow you to separate out site entities with different subdomains.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp040008
jpenny84

Postby brad296 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Thanks jpenny, I will definitely give the rules a shot to help clean it up.

Can I control the FILL verbiage hover too or is that a built in feature?

Thanks!
brad296

Postby Emite » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 pm

I agree about the FILL verbiage being extremely annoying. It's covering up the name of which account I'm looking at!

Using URL rules has helped me in the past solve the issue with subdomains.
Emite

Postby brad296 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Any update on this?

How can I get rid of the "FILL" on hover that covers the name of the account that I am trying to look up?

This is really a deal breaker for me. I will have to switch if this is a permanent change.

I have WAY too many logins for the same domains and I cannot see which one I am trying to get to with this "Feature".

Thanks!
brad296

Postby iqfisch » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 am

I've got the same problem with 3 or 4 diffrent Subdomains. It would be good, if there where a solution... :?
iqfisch

Return to Feedback