Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm

bobtennent793 Wrote:How do I roll back? This new menu interface is atrocious. I used to be able to access a site with two clicks, now it is FIVE!!
How anyone could think this is an improvement I just don't know. I am upset that I have paid for this rubbish. I have cancelled my auto renew and if it isn't fixed when my subscription expires, bye bye!

You can access site entries with zero clicks by using the search box at the top of the extension menu.
jpenny84

Postby judahr » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 am

+1 This update no longer allows form fill of contact info from the popup menu. All that shows under "Other" are the cards on the account. Everyone wants address info and I used LastPass to fill this in for me. Now, it no longer appears. I'm going to have to hold off on renewal unless this is resolved. Perhaps OnePass has this feature.
judahr

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:55 am

judahr Wrote:+1 This update no longer allows form fill of contact info from the popup menu. All that shows under "Other" are the cards on the account. Everyone wants address info and I used LastPass to fill this in for me. Now, it no longer appears. I'm going to have to hold off on renewal unless this is resolved. Perhaps OnePass has this feature.

Yes it does. Make sure that those entries are classified as address items. If not, then you may need to re-create them.
jpenny84

Postby Boodles » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm yet another person who HATES the new rollout for lots of reasons. I'm ready to switch to another product, but I'll wait a bit to see if there are fixes. How does one rollback their version? I didn't see anywhere how to do that (and it seems others don't know either). Where did I miss that information?
Boodles

Postby bryates296 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:59 pm

My last pass has totally lost all stored credit card and bank info. All tabs are blank. I’ve stored a ton of info in notes which can’t be duplicated. How can this happen? How do I retrieve my data???
bryates296

Postby bryates296 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:03 pm

My last pass has totally lost all stored credit card and bank info. All tabs are blank. I’ve stored a ton of info in notes which can’t be duplicated. How can this happen? How do I retrieve my data???
Like others I’ll have to cancel my subscription if this isn’t fixed ASAP.
bryates296

Postby jamesat16 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:45 am

I am using the version of LastPass that is "purchased" in the Microsoft Store and launched from the Start Menu in Windows 10. Over the past few months it seems like it was migrated to LastPass from Desktop. Two features are missing from the current version.

1. When I click the X in the upper right-hand corner of the LastPass window, the app no longer closes. Instead, it minimizes the window, allowing anyone who walks by my PC to maximize the window and browse my passwords. The X used to close the window.

2. When using Secure Notes, the only way to view the note is to hover above the note, wait for the pencil icon (Edit) to appear, and then click on it. I do not wish to edit my notes every time I go in to them. I simply wish to view them. Previously, I could simply click on the secure note to view it.

Does anyone know if there is another version or if there are any plans restore these features?
jamesat16

Postby wiseyD » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 pm

This update is a major step backwards. Judging but all these posts I don't think its just me who thinks this. A lot more clicks to get to the passwords, we have support staff suggesting we type to search for passwords, lol, multiple prompts confirming if you want to fill something in, more clicks, more clicks!. I know I've already said it but I will say it again, "They really dropped the ball on this update", if you can call this an update. Really disappointed, and upset with this "downgrade" in the product. Its actually painful and frustrating to use now. If I wasn't paid up until for a few years I'd would have already been gone, guess I'm just hoping somebody will give their head a shake and fix this mess. May need to hire some UX designers! Every time I use it now I"m reminded of the extra steps, lack of thought in the update, and how it used to be so much more seamless. Should be making it easier to use, not be adding extra steps.
wiseyD

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 pm

wiseyD Wrote:This update is a major step backwards. Judging but all these posts I don't think its just me who thinks this. A lot more clicks to get to the passwords, we have support staff suggesting we type to search for passwords, lol, multiple prompts confirming if you want to fill something in, more clicks, more clicks!. I know I've already said it but I will say it again, "They really dropped the ball on this update", if you can call this an update. Really disappointed, and upset with this "downgrade" in the product. Its actually painful and frustrating to use now. If I wasn't paid up until for a few years I'd would have already been gone, guess I'm just hoping somebody will give their head a shake and fix this mess. May need to hire some UX designers! Every time I use it now I"m reminded of the extra steps, lack of thought in the update, and how it used to be so much more seamless. Should be making it easier to use, not be adding extra steps.

I don't work for LastPass.

There have always been prompts before filling form data to prevent malicious sites from scraping address or credit card data. I guess it's up to you if prefer extra work by not using the field icons or search bar. Typing in a site, credit card or folder name and having the list right there in the extension menu is far easier to me than clicking through cascading menus.
jpenny84

Postby wiseyD » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 am

Based on your reply one would assume you are saying that Lastpass wasn't secure or safe prior to this messed up roll out? Give me a break, stop blindly defending the undefendable. They need to fix this atrocity of an "update".
wiseyD

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback