Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby scott488 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:46 am

Yup, the update stinks. Fire the Product Manager who let this happen. How do I get rolled back?
scott488

Postby wiseyD » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:32 pm

This extension has gone from being functional and productive browser extension to a cumbersome, non-intuitive, pain to use. I've gone from loving Lastpass to hating to have to use it. How did this update every pass UX testing. IT'S A MESS.
wiseyD

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 pm

wiseyD Wrote:This extension has gone from being functional and productive browser extension to a cumbersome, non-intuitive, pain to use. I've gone from loving Lastpass to hating to have to use it. How did this update every pass UX testing. IT'S A MESS.

Outside of having to use the right click menu to force a form fill on payment pages that the extension doesn't detect relevant fields, I've had zero problems with the update.
jpenny84

Postby hawleyj » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:16 am

This latest update is horrible. The most usable function in lastpass, the dropdown list of "folders" is gone. I had Banking, Utilities, Credit Cards, etc folders and could get to the site I wanted in two clicks 99% of the time. Now all I get is the whole damn mess of sites where it takes me four or five times as long to find the site I want. At the bottom of this mess of sites there appears to be categories that have the names of my previous folders........ BUT THEY DON'T HAVE HALF THE SITES IN THEM THAT WERE THERE BEFORE!.
I know you shouldn't swear online but there is no other way to say this........the update is pure shit! It is so much more difficult to use than the previous version that I am going to have to review all the other popular password managers to see if I can find one that works effectively and efficiently. HOW DID ANYONE THINK THIS WAS AN IMPROVEMENT??????????
I don't want to have to change password managers. I have used LastPass for years and it worked quite well. Now, I just hate to use it at all.
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
hawleyj

Postby wiseyD » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:20 pm

I contacted support, got a canned response with a link to a user guide for the new "improved" UI, none of my questions were answered, including if its possible to revert back to the old UI or the older version of the web extension.

I tried to reply to the email to ask my questions again and all I got was the following postmaster error.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

support.replies@logmein.com
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try re sending your message later, or contact the recipient directly.

I really hate using this new "improved" UI for the web extension, its a real mess. I'm paid up until 2021 and have been a premium customer since 2015, I used to love Lastpass, but since this mess of an upgrade, it may be time to start looking at what else is out there. Not a happy camper.
wiseyD

Postby Daddyo » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:13 pm

How can I get the old UI that has "Sites" in the dropdown menu?
Daddyo

Postby Bex » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:00 pm

Daddyo Wrote:How can I get the old UI that has "Sites" in the dropdown menu?

Hi,

If you would like to revert to the old UI then please submit a ticket to specifically request this change to be made. Our team will be able to process this request on your behalf.

-Bex
Bex
Site Admin

Postby Daddyo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi,

If you would like to revert to the old UI then please submit a ticket to specifically request this change to be made. Our team will be able to process this request on your behalf.

-Bex

Thanks for your prompt response. How do I do that?
Daddyo

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:34 pm

Daddyo Wrote:
Hi,

-Bex

Thanks for your prompt response. How do I do that?

See FAQ article linked below:

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010121
jpenny84

Postby bobtennent793 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:46 pm

How do I roll back? This new menu interface is atrocious. I used to be able to access a site with two clicks, now it is FIVE!!
How anyone could think this is an improvement I just don't know. I am upset that I have paid for this rubbish. I have cancelled my auto renew and if it isn't fixed when my subscription expires, bye bye!
bobtennent793

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback