Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby yojackis207 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:54 pm

Form Fill is there but doesn't work... Click on the LastPass icon on the right hand side of the field to be populated which opens the vault. Where I use to have three form fills, I now have to scroll through over 2000 vault entries to find my form fill choice. Once there, I am hovering over it and see: Fill Copy Edit. BUT FILL DOES NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my choice is to copy. Copy first name then go back and copy last name then then go back and copy address then then go back and copy phone number and on and on... This is BS..... I can fill out forms manually faster than this crap...
yojackis207

Postby Tigrisan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 am

After more than a week of back and forth emails with support because the new UI was an abomination, I was finally 'downgraded' to the version previous to the May update. Now though, all I'm constantly seeing is an alert to upgrade to the latest version, which I won't be doing until this mess is fixed. They need a way to turn off the upgrade alert though. I'm so afraid the Update Now button will be clicked in error. If for some reason, I'm stuck once again with the latest update, I'll be moving permanently to Dashlane. We were all promised when LogMeIn took over LastPass that they would continue to deliver the same quality product we were used to. Yeah...smh

So, that said, come up with a way to turn off the Update alerts!
Tigrisan

Postby yojackis207 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 am

Can we all be 'downgraded' to the version previous to the May update? I will gladly ignore alerts. I would never upgrade by beloved LastPass again...
yojackis207

Postby LPfrmhelp » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 am

I do not understand that the issues acknowledged on April 25th and expected to be fixed by May 25h have yet to fixed. Even more concerning is that it seems not even paying users have not been notified of progress as at 17th JULY!!!

There will be adverse publicity about LP, flowing on to LogMein when the computer media/magazines become aware. LP has long been a recommended product.
LPfrmhelp

Postby LPfrmhelp » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 am

Tigrisan Wrote:After more than a week of back and forth emails with support because the new UI was an abomination, I was finally 'downgraded' to the version previous to the May update. Now though, all I'm constantly seeing is an alert to upgrade to the latest version, which I won't be doing until this mess is fixed. They need a way to turn off the upgrade alert though. I'm so afraid the Update Now button will be clicked in error. If for some reason, I'm stuck once again with the latest update, I'll be moving permanently to Dashlane. We were all promised when LogMeIn took over LastPass that they would continue to deliver the same quality product we were used to. Yeah...smh

So, that said, come up with a way to turn off the Update alerts!

You are luckier than me as at least you have been "downgraded". However, I'm confused that the LP apology posted at the beginning of this thread refers to MARCH update but you state you got " 'downgraded' to the version previous to the *May* update". :(
LPfrmhelp

Postby Tigrisan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:51 am

@ LPfrmhelp

Maybe I got the last update later than some, but it didn't come in March. It came sometime around the beginning of May. And it was horrendous. When I told them I would be canceling due to the ridiculous interface as well as the myriad other problems I was finding such as no longer filling in fields, no longer saving new passwords, etc, etc, etc, and having them tell me repeatedly that it was a corrupt profile on Chrome causing all the problems, they sent me a link to downgrade it. My last straw was the fifth time I created a new profile in Chrome and still had the same problems. They need to go back to the drawing board and fix this latest update that doesn't work at all and return to what does.

And as a side note, this latest update also didn't work for me in Firefox, Opera, Canary or Safari either, even after uninstalling/reinstalling and creating new profiles/users in those browsers as well. The only one I didn't try is Edge because I refuse to use that browser. So it's not me.
Tigrisan

Postby tsa17b » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Good Lord...

I can't use form fill fore any of my credit cards - your "Updated" interface says they have never been used.

I now have two steps to reach my passwords, instead of the oh-so-simple drop down

I've used LP for years, as have many others.

I'll stay, IF YOU'LL ROLL ME BACK TO THE PRIOR VERSION while you work to fix this disaster. Otherwise, I'm going to have to find another product.

I started the original "This March 2019 Update is Terrible" thread - it now has over 29,000 replies/complaints!

I think we're all way past being patient.

Tim
tsa17b

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:01 pm

tsa17b Wrote:I started the original "This March 2019 Update is Terrible" thread - it now has over 29,000 replies/complaints!

I think we're all way past being patient.

Tim

Views, not replies. Whenever I go in here to moderate the thread, it counts as a view.
jpenny84

Postby tsa17b » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood.

Do you see how easy that was - I was wrong, you were right.

That is simply all any of us on this thread want - a simple admission that you've made a huge mistake and that you're willing to take a good faith effort of rolling us all back until you've actually fixed this mess.

Is that really too much to ask?

Tim
tsa17b

Postby ronaldbernier865 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:53 am

tsa17b Wrote:Ah, my bad, I misunderstood.

Do you see how easy that was - I was wrong, you were right.

That is simply all any of us on this thread want - a simple admission that you've made a huge mistake and that you're willing to take a good faith effort of rolling us all back until you've actually fixed this mess.

Is that really too much to ask?

Tim

It is my understanding that jpenny84 is a forum moderator, not an employee of Lastpass/LogMeIn. That being said, I don't really understand why jpenny84 is so defensive of the company that has gone out of their way to destroy the program, then totally ignores customer complaints about the update that destroyed the integrity of the company and their software. Really, what difference does it make if there have been 29,000 comments or 29,000 views - the bottom line is that 100s if not 1,000s of people are fed up with this update. John Bennett, GM of Identity & Access Management at LogMeIn (the company that destroyed Lastpass) said that they have heard the complaints and they would restore Lastpass to the way that it was. More than 3 months later, it has become obvious that LogMeIn has no intention (and thus no integrity) to fix what they destroyed. The only thing that they have changed was that they brought back Favorites, Other than that, it remains the same broken mess that they released on March 29th. Quite honestly, I would be embarrassed to keep defending a company that has shown that their word is nothing more than lip service and has proven that trustworthiness and integrity is not a part of their company philosophy.
ronaldbernier865

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback