Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby knw861891 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:28 am

John, I really respect your apology and the rest of your statement here. Thank you for acknowledging the user frustration, and the missteps in this release.

Do you have a Beta test program? I think you should -- and I think you could do well to look through some of the posts about the March update and select some very good candidates to participate in it (I'll volunteer, too). You clearly have a sophisticated bunch of users who could have given you a bunch of detailed and useful feedback before that release -- or before future releases.
knw861891

Postby ReviveQuality » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:52 pm

GMHilltop Wrote:Since LogMeIn has taken over Lastpass, the user experience has gone in the toilet!
Thankfully I backed my stuff up using KeePass.

The managers who have overseen these programing changes SHOULD ALL BE FIRED for not ensuring that the quality and usability would have been maintained.

THEY SHOULD HAVE WARNED EVERYONE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO BE BUSTING UP ALL OF OUR FORM FILLING RECORDS INTO INDIVIDUAL RECORDS!!!

Form filling has become completely useless to me now!!!

Did you morons not attempt to test this update before releasing it? WTF!!!

I HAVE WASTED HOURS TRYING TO MAKE LP SOMEWHAT USEFUL AGAIN - AND FAILED MISERABLY!!!

It tool longer than expected, but my fears over LogMeIn's purchase of Lastpass have come true.
If LogMeIn can 'eff up' what once was a really good password manager which had serious potential, then I am beginning to seriously doubt they are able to handle the security side of it too.
GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER LOGMEIN!!!

And auto fill for addresses (this was for Amazon AWS) doesn't work at ALL.

And they promised to fix things & they haven't.
ReviveQuality

Postby JONS » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:59 pm

On Mac, click the LP icon in the menu bar, in the drop-down menu click 'Check for Updates'. At that point you'll see the LP icon in the dock bounce....but you won't see any window as for some reason the update window opens BEHIND whatever else you have open. Seems a bit silly that when manually checking for updates, the window that reports the outcome of the task you are trying to complete doesn't display as the active window.
JONS

Postby ReviveQuality » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 pm

JONS Wrote:On Mac, click the LP icon in the menu bar, in the drop-down menu click 'Check for Updates'. At that point you'll see the LP icon in the dock bounce....but you won't see any window as for some reason the update window opens BEHIND whatever else you have open. Seems a bit silly that when manually checking for updates, the window that reports the outcome of the task you are trying to complete doesn't display as the active window.

I'm not a MACer, but I tried to search high & LOW for an update button or link in LP & there's nothing. I even checked the vault & under account settings, nothing. Help doesn't give me an About which is usually where you find the update or at least the version & NOTHING.

LP SUCKS!!!!
ReviveQuality

Postby jpenny84 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:42 am

ReviveQuality Wrote:
I'm not a MACer, but I tried to search high & LOW for an update button or link in LP & there's nothing. I even checked the vault & under account settings, nothing. Help doesn't give me an Abo

ut which is usually where you find the update or at least the version & NOTHING.

LP SUCKS!!!!

LastPass Icon > Account Options > About LastPass. Most of the browser extensions are served though add-on stores, so updates are automatic. This has been the case for years.
jpenny84

Postby ReviveQuality » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:48 am

jpenny84 Wrote:
ReviveQuality Wrote:
I'm not a MACer, but I tried to search high & LOW for an update button or link in LP & there's nothing. I even checked the vault & under account settings, nothing. Help doesn't give me an Abo

ut which is usually where you find the update or at least the version & NOTHING.

LP SUCKS!!!!

LastPass Icon > Account Options > About LastPass. Most of the browser extensions are served though add-on stores, so updates are automatic. This has been the case for years.

Right, that's what I thought, but he was directing me some place else.

I see no changes, if anything, things are worse then they were 2 months ago & I guess I have the latest version. I could only find the latest for Fx, not Chrome. I have 43.0
ReviveQuality

Postby TECH198 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:41 pm

CeeCeeB Wrote:I would like to roll back too. Just gobsmacked at the lack of QA in this release. It's not as if the software development process is a brand new art form. There must be something seriously wrong in the management structure to allow this to happen. Very sad.

Like others have documented, the form fill inserts the birthday incorrectly by one day and the upgrade caused duplicated forms.

I really hope LastPass will return to the days when we loved using and recommending it.

Like others above have asked, how can I roll back until this fiasco is rectified?

If you wanna download previous versions, get them from Moziila app store if using Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
(in order to change to "Add to Firefox" you must first remove hen one you have installed.
TECH198

Postby billmars » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:12 pm

TECH198 Wrote:
CeeCeeB Wrote:I would like to roll back too. Just gobsmacked at the lack of QA in this release. It's not as if the software development process is a brand new art form. There must be something seriously wrong in the management structure to allow this to happen. Very sad.

Like others have documented, the form fill inserts the birthday incorrectly by one day and the upgrade caused duplicated forms.

I really hope LastPass will return to the days when we loved using and recommending it.

Like others above have asked, how can I roll back until this fiasco is rectified?

If you wanna download previous versions, get them from Moziila app store if using Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
(in order to change to "Add to Firefox" you must first remove hen one you have installed.

This doesn't seem to work anymore. I made the mistake of clicking on the 'upgrade' box when in the web version of Lastpass and now the dropdown menu in my browser seems to be the new one which everyone is complaining about. Although I have downgraded to version 4.26.0.4 (that's what it says in app manager) my dropdown menu hasn't gone back to the old useable one.
Secure notes does not now appear on the main menu. You have to click numerous times to find it, and my secure notes favourite list is no longer there.
billmars

Postby yojackis207 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 pm

BRING BACK FORM FILL... WTF? I so hate this update... Can't you just roll back to the way things use to be? I too am probably leaving LastPass after many years of being a huge advocate...
yojackis207

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:33 pm

yojackis207 Wrote:BRING BACK FORM FILL... WTF? I so hate this update... Can't you just roll back to the way things use to be? I too am probably leaving LastPass after many years of being a huge advocate...

Form fills are most certainly still there: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp010113
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback