Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri May 31, 2019 8:32 pm

edzucker Wrote:I have been using LastPass ever since Steve Gibson first recommended it. I am starting to wonder if the concern I had when LogMeIn took over has finally set in. The product reliability and support no linger seem to be a priority. Too bad as this was a really good/useful product. I will have to begin searching for a replacement.

Please LMK what you figure out. I've already crossed BitWarden & 1Password off my list.

Thanks
ReviveQuality

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri May 31, 2019 8:35 pm

jcom43518 Wrote:It really sounds like most posters, including me, would be happy if you just rolled back to the previous version.

They did roll it back for some users & guess what happened?

They lost some of their data.

I think it was the new entries, but I can't be sure.

Everyone should be posting their complaints to Trust Pilot & Consumer Affairs
ReviveQuality

Postby lastpassuser9999 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Postby LastPassTeam » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

In the next week, we will release the updates mentioned in our April 24th post. These changes will appear for all users currently on the new UI.

so, i did some research and discovered that a "week" is generally considered to be seven days. that would suggest the updates would be going live around May 23rd. i know things can take extra time so add another one of these "week" things and the updates should be going live by May 30.

today is Jun 01, my browser extension (Chrome) reports v 4.28.0 May 15) and i haven't seen these updates. maybe i don't understand what these updates will address--has anyone else gotten them?

or did i get this "week" thing wrong? when should i expect to see these updates?
lastpassuser9999

Postby randolphs » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:03 am

lastpassuser9999 Wrote:
Postby LastPassTeam » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

In the next week, we will release the updates mentioned in our April 24th post. These changes will appear for all users currently on the new UI.

so, i did some research and discovered that a "week" is generally considered to be seven days. that would suggest the updates would be going live around May 23rd. i know things can take extra time so add another one of these "week" things and the updates should be going live by May 30.

today is Jun 01, my browser extension (Chrome) reports v 4.28.0 May 15) and i haven't seen these updates. maybe i don't understand what these updates will address--has anyone else gotten them?

or did i get this "week" thing wrong? when should i expect to see these updates?

Well, I just recently saw that the "favorite" option was back on my extension drop down list, so I guess that's a start.

Hopefully they can revert most things back to where they were before this new update.
randolphs

Postby yesmate » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 am

I think you will all be waiting in vain because a rollback isn't going to happen. It should if this company wants to survive as the new update is awful. My most important feature (fill forms) barely works. I'm getting rid of Lastpass in mid June if nothing is fixed.

While super inconvenient, it's actually funny how Lastpass could completely screw up a fine useable tool :D
yesmate

Postby busdev953 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm

I'm a new user, using the latest version of the LastPass desktop application on macOS, as well as the plugin for Safari and the experience has been bad.

The worst part of the application is that it is CORRUPTING data.

Yes, it is corrupting data; one of my records had it's URL replaced with a URL to a service I never use. This shocked me.

I have also seen instance where records were deleted, and not by me.

So, how does one go about getting an earlier release of the application and earlier release of the plugin for Safari?

macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Hardware:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,3
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 194.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.45f0
busdev953

Postby lindanikon381 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:52 pm

I think it's hysterical that the browser plugin is now imploring me to go back to Premium. Yeah.... noooooo. You broke this and you don't seem to care that you broke it. Good luck getting people to pay.
lindanikon381

Postby starwolf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:56 pm

ReviveQuality Wrote:Please LMK what you figure out. I've already crossed BitWarden & 1Password off my list.

Do you mind sharing why you crossed BitWarden and 1Password off your list?
starwolf

Postby dza » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm

There's never been a single Lastpass design update that I liked.

The way you copy passwords now from the vault toolbar icon is absolutely catastrophic.

You hover the entry it says "COPY" on the very beginning of the element (where if you click it, you will end up on the URL of the page you wanted the password from)

You then have to find the dreaded \/ arrow down and reach finally COPY PASSWORD.

Does it have to be more complicated, the real deal holyfield the basic function, the whole idea of the service?
dza

Postby GMHilltop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Since LogMeIn has taken over Lastpass, the user experience has gone in the toilet!
Thankfully I backed my stuff up using KeePass.

The managers who have overseen these programing changes SHOULD ALL BE FIRED for not ensuring that the quality and usability would have been maintained.

THEY SHOULD HAVE WARNED EVERYONE THAT THEY WERE GOING TO BE BUSTING UP ALL OF OUR FORM FILLING RECORDS INTO INDIVIDUAL RECORDS!!!

Form filling has become completely useless to me now!!!

Did you morons not attempt to test this update before releasing it? WTF!!!

I HAVE WASTED HOURS TRYING TO MAKE LP SOMEWHAT USEFUL AGAIN - AND FAILED MISERABLY!!!

It tool longer than expected, but my fears over LogMeIn's purchase of Lastpass have come true.
If LogMeIn can 'eff up' what once was a really good password manager which had serious potential, then I am beginning to seriously doubt they are able to handle the security side of it too.
GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER LOGMEIN!!!
GMHilltop

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback