Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby Tigrisan » Wed May 22, 2019 8:16 pm

After weeks of trying to fix LastPass on Chrome and having the problems of not logging in, not form filling, not asking to save, etc., etc., etc., I have been trying Dashlane. It's very close to the old UI of Lastpass and so far, I'm happy with it. I had my doubts Lastpass would continue to be an almost stellar option when LogMeIn took over, even though their assurances that Lastpass would remain as usable as ever. Well, the proof is out there now. It sucks. The new UI sucks. The lack of function sucks. The cost per year for something that is almost completely broken sucks. I could save a word document with my passwords and have the same functionality that Lastpass now has. What a shame.
Tigrisan

Postby ReviveQuality » Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 am

Tigrisan Wrote:After weeks of trying to fix LastPass on Chrome and having the problems of not logging in, not form filling, not asking to save, etc., etc., etc., I have been trying Dashlane. It's very close to the old UI of Lastpass and so far, I'm happy with it. I had my doubts Lastpass would continue to be an almost stellar option when LogMeIn took over, even though their assurances that Lastpass would remain as usable as ever. Well, the proof is out there now. It sucks. The new UI sucks. The lack of function sucks. The cost per year for something that is almost completely broken sucks. I could save a word document with my passwords and have the same functionality that Lastpass now has. What a shame.

Used DL before & maybe it's b/c I had LP running at the same time, but I had issues with it & their tech support doesn't understand English.

And I'm not sure the forms work or can be exported as I have a feeling the few times I used it I never used my form fills.

Plus their cost is VERY expensive. I think it's $40 dollars per year & I'm not even sure they have an Android app that it syncs to.

I'm glad it's working for you.
ReviveQuality

Postby erikabranch01255 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:10 pm

The application it self is a charm BUT don't try to merge an existing account into a family. And don't try to delete an account. Having been trying to sort this for more than 6 months so will go find a new tool with better support.
erikabranch01255

Postby therealiggs » Sat May 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Could you please beta test/conduct market research before introducing major changes in future? The LP app has become virtually useless since the last update. Common sense and simply testing it yourselves should have made it obvious that its functionality/ease of use had deteriorated massively. Even worse than Microsoft for lack of intuition!
therealiggs

Postby edzucker » Sat May 25, 2019 8:00 pm

I have been using LastPass ever since Steve Gibson first recommended it. I am starting to wonder if the concern I had when LogMeIn took over has finally set in. The product reliability and support no linger seem to be a priority. Too bad as this was a really good/useful product. I will have to begin searching for a replacement.
edzucker

Postby pwabrahams » Tue May 28, 2019 5:30 pm

First and foremost, bring back Form Fill on the main menu. How could you possibly be so foolish as to remove something that worked well and that we depended on? If there's another way to do the same thing, it certainly isn't obvious.
pwabrahams

Postby ragarner » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 pm

I've been *paying for* Lastpass since 2011, and this is ridiculous. I've been trying to do one thing for the last half hour: fill a credit card form. Have I achieved this goal? Reader I have not. Two things that would have been easier at this point: cancel my autopay (done; unnecessarily hard, but only five minutes) and start looking for another password manager (begun, but I guess that can be slower, since I've already paid for the next six months). Now it's a race to see if LP fixes this problem faster than I can find an alternative.

I think it's pretty clear that since the LogMeIn purchase, the focus has shifted toward enterprise and away from the basic experience. I don't have time to open a support ticket every time LP wants to rewrite the UI. If I've got to literally reenter everything I used LP for to make it functional again, might as well see what's out there.

Ironically, I can still fill my old CC passwords, and not the brand new one I just entered. Oh, and since the FAQs haven't been updated for the new system, a lot of them are useless. What a trainwreck.
ragarner

Postby thomasdahl771 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 am

How hard can it be to roll-back the whole product to the previous working version? Just re-hire the original developers and fire the idiots running the farm today.

What has happened to LastPass in 2019 is a disgrace and a case study in how to screw-up a perfectly good program.

I hope Steve Gibson gets on board and reviews this mess and tells us what to do about it. Which Password manager would he recommend today I wonder?
thomasdahl771

Postby jcom43518 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:03 pm

It really sounds like most posters, including me, would be happy if you just rolled back to the previous version.
jcom43518

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri May 31, 2019 8:31 pm

ragarner Wrote:I've been *paying for* Lastpass since 2011, and this is ridiculous. I've been trying to do one thing for the last half hour: fill a credit card form. Have I achieved this goal? Reader I have not. Two things that would have been easier at this point: cancel my autopay (done; unnecessarily hard, but only five minutes) and start looking for another password manager (begun, but I guess that can be slower, since I've already paid for the next six months). Now it's a race to see if LP fixes this problem faster than I can find an alternative.

I think it's pretty clear that since the LogMeIn purchase, the focus has shifted toward enterprise and away from the basic experience. I don't have time to open a support ticket every time LP wants to rewrite the UI. If I've got to literally reenter everything I used LP for to make it functional again, might as well see what's out there.

Ironically, I can still fill my old CC passwords, and not the brand new one I just entered. Oh, and since the FAQs haven't been updated for the new system, a lot of them are useless. What a trainwreck.

I missed the deadline for my renewal & they jacked up the price by another $12 to $36.

So we got a terrible app & we are paying more now.

I've been looking, but didn't have the time or energy to find one before I was charged.

I've already crossed BitWarden & 1Password off my list.

LMK what you come up with.

I was having problems with it even auto filling the logins & that was BEFORE this terrible update.
ReviveQuality

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback