Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Addressing User Concerns on March 2019 UI Update

Postby LastPassTeam » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 am

Update:

In the next week, we will release the updates mentioned in our April 24th post. These changes will appear for all users currently on the new UI. Users on the older UI will continue to be opted in over the next few weeks.

The changes include:

• Bringing back “Favorites” to the extension dropdown: We removed “Favorites” from the extension dropdown menu but will be reintroducing it and it will work as it did previously.

• Update filling to eliminate manual copy-pasting: We are updating the new items, such as credit card expiration date and CVC code, to fill automatically along with the credit card number in order to eliminate the number of clicks required.

• Update Notes so they can be copied: We are fixing a bug that prevented users from copying their saved data in Notes, which is critical to the purpose of this feature.

• Update the Matching Sites List: We will be offering a better option to scroll through this list in a way that is easy to understand.

• Improve the right-click infield menu: We’re updating the action menu that appears when you right click on the infield menu to ensure that sensitive information is not shown.

Thank you for your continued feedback and we will continue to iterate the LastPass experience to best fit the needs of our users. Please reach out to our support team with any questions.

The LastPass Team
LastPassTeam

Postby ReviveQuality » Thu May 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Wow, I was in the middle of typing this up & your forum just deleted EVERYTHING I wrote.

GET A NEW FORUM!!!!

All I've done is waste my time on this garbage for weeks now since you launched your new version. I've lost min. 4 hours of my life.

Not to mention ALL of the hours I spent with your last update prior to that that broke form fill (see below.)

I'll repeat again:

1. Are you going to fix this line here by removing it so I can scroll easily & fast to see all of my potential logins?

https://mega.nz/#!A9sjEKYB!t4BvJVGBYcY- ... Q3WfUYbdR8

I can't stand it & it stresses me out to no end.

2. Form filled problems.

You didn't mention a thing about all of the form filled problems since you updated 2 versions ago when you got rid of giving me access to ALL of my form fills when right clicking.

Now there's only maybe 10 options instead of my entire list.

AND you ignored me months ago when I told you that you broke it. I still have a ticket open & you refuse to fix it.

It's STILL broken & it doesn't even make sense.

It doesn't even give me the list starting with the letter "A", it starts in the middle of the alphabet.

Are you going to fix this & now, not a year from now???

3. Are you going to get rid of the word "none" under the Items area?

I don't even know why that's there or what it means. It's an extra click for nothing.

I think I found where you put all of my form fills for my e-mail addresses. You put them under addresses, correct???

4. When right clicking to log into a site, WHY is there a list a mile long of logins that have NOTHING to do with the site I'm on???

In fact I'm not even sure they are logins, I think they are random form fills?

This is a HUGE mess, a distraction & you should be telling us what is a login & what is a form fill like it used to say, but even so, why is there form fills there?

Doesn't your new version even know then something is a login & when it's a form that needs to be filled in?

I don't think it does.

Fire your programmers, they are HORRIFIC!!!

5. Where is the link to create a ticket?

I haven't been able to find it or all of my tickets since the new version came out???
ReviveQuality

Postby gregglass » Thu May 16, 2019 5:39 pm

I just signed up for 1Password, they have a way to import all Lastpass data. This was the worst UI disaster I've ever seen and should be studied in design schools.
gregglass

Postby ReviveQuality » Sat May 18, 2019 8:40 am

gregglass Wrote:I just signed up for 1Password, they have a way to import all Lastpass data. This was the worst UI disaster I've ever seen and should be studied in design schools.

LOL, you are funny.

This was NOT just a design issue.

Many of you don't seem to realize that they literally broke LP back in Oct with both form fills, auto login & even auto fill.

I'm looking into 1Password now b/c BitWarden doesn't have form fills & the idiot who e-mailed with me didn't even acknowledge what I said & could have cared less when I said you just lost a customer.

My one shocker with 1Password so far is that he had no idea how LP works.

How can you NOT know your own competition.

They clearly don't have a security challenge.

But he was nice enough, I'm just waiting to see how their export/import works.

Thanks
ReviveQuality

Postby winram » Tue May 21, 2019 2:37 am

For the right-click menu, please remove the fly-out options for "fill" and "edit".

The whole point of a right click option is to have a quick choice. If you want to edit an entry, people know how to edit an entry. However, if you're using a right click menu it's always:

Right click
Chose Lastpass (and pause).
Find and choose an option you want to USE. Then you PAUSE over it.
Then you find and choose "Fill"

Since a ton of bad UI choices were made with this update let me stress this point: Yes, it's perfectly fine that an edit function exists in the application, but it doesn't need to exist everywhere. The whole point of a right-click option is to have quickness. Pauses and choices are not quick. If we needed to edit an option, we already know where to go. Thank you.
winram

Postby ReviveQuality » Tue May 21, 2019 8:19 am

winram Wrote:For the right-click menu, please remove the fly-out options for "fill" and "edit".

The whole point of a right click option is to have a quick choice. If you want to edit an entry, people know how to edit an entry. However, if you're using a right click menu it's always:

Right click
Chose Lastpass (and pause).
Find and choose an option you want to USE. Then you PAUSE over it.
Then you find and choose "Fill"

Since a ton of bad UI choices were made with this update let me stress this point: Yes, it's perfectly fine that an edit function exists in the application, but it doesn't need to exist everywhere. The whole point of a right-click option is to have quickness. Pauses and choices are not quick. If we needed to edit an option, we already know where to go. Thank you.

Good post.

I'm going to be trying out 1Password in the next day or so.

I hope it works properly so I can finally get rid of LP.

I will be sorry to leave, but it's clear they don't know what they are doing & don't care about us as customers. All they care about is raising the price so they can make MONEY & give us a terrible piece of software.
ReviveQuality

Postby kallistaridge257 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:11 pm

John Bennett, GM of Identity & Access Management at LogMeIn

Dear John,
No mention of Form Filling Functionallity being returned but mentioned everwhere else on this forum with loud voices.
Please advise that Form Filing will be returned
Thanks
kallistaridge257

Postby user4138 » Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 pm

So frustrated with LassPass. If I have to copy and paste everything, I can do that with notepad just fine! Why do I need LassPass now? Why is there RANDOM stuff in the right click menu when user have no control over what's there.
user4138

Postby jtl275 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:45 am

I'm about ready to jump ship, too. The browser extensions are a mess, and I am getting really tired of having to re-authenticate the Android app EVERY TIME I OPEN IT. What a disaster.
jtl275

Postby ReviveQuality » Wed May 22, 2019 2:51 pm

People, 1Password is a no go. They DON'T export the forms & I have TONS. : (

Not happy about this now.
ReviveQuality

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback