Unable to install the Safari extension

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Unable to install the Safari extension

Postby nhevergreen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 am

I've spent several hours over two days, trying to install the new Safari extension. Nothing has worked. I've followed the directions to the letter and also tried a few suggestions I've seen on this board. I am unable to get the extension to come up in the Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions list. I tried to open a support ticket and hit a dead end. The page I was directed to (troubleshooting problems with installation) has what looks like a link at the bottom to contact support, but there is nothing linked to the text. This frustrating problem, coupled with what I've read on this forum about LastPass vulnerabilities, is causing me to look at other password managers.
nhevergreen

Re: Unable to install the Safari extension

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 am

Due to changes that Apple implemented, the Safari extension now installs and runs like an application

https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/01/chang ... sion.html/
jpenny84

Postby nick434 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:11 pm

jpenny84: I am having the same problem as nhevergreen: we have installed the lastpass application as per the instructions but the extension does not appear in safari.
nick434

Postby beely » Sat May 04, 2019 11:21 am

I tried many many times to get it working (documented in other threads.)

I never did get it work, so I'm stuck with an older version that works, constantly nags me to upgrade to a version that doesn't, and redirects me to the blog post every time I log in, which has links to a version that doesn't work and breaks LastPass completely.
beely

Postby JRE » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Like the others who have posted on this topic, I am unable to install the extension for Safari, and thus not able to use the full capabilities of LP. Unfortunately, because of a previous billing problem, I have already bought 2 years of premium service. I guess that is lost money. I too, unless I hear from LP, will seek another password manager. But I will not go quietly into the night...I intend to make my frustration known. :x
JRE

Return to Feedback