WARNING: Should you continue to trust lastpass?

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

WARNING: Should you continue to trust lastpass?

Postby cdmtoday » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm

The latest update is seriously flawed and LP does not seem to care. No emails from support, no posts on their blog, and sense of urgency to fix this mess. If they can't figure this out, I must ask, HOW SECURE CAN OUR DATA BE?

LogMeIn has broken trust and is not showing ANY attempt to communicate nor repair the flaws. I do NOT want to be their BETA TESTER for a flawed product in a mission critical role.

Shame on you, LogMeIn.
cdmtoday

Re: WARNING: Should you continue to trust lastpass?

Postby tom14 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:02 pm

cdmtoday Wrote:The latest update is seriously flawed and LP does not seem to care. No emails from support, no posts on their blog, and sense of urgency to fix this mess. If they can't figure this out, I must ask, HOW SECURE CAN OUR DATA BE?

LogMeIn has broken trust and is not showing ANY attempt to communicate nor repair the flaws. I do NOT want to be their BETA TESTER for a flawed product in a mission critical role.

Shame on you, LogMeIn.

I think you nailed it.
tom14

Postby tom14 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 pm

God knows what fails they will introduce to their other products. After this debacle I would be hesitant to invest time & money into any products managed by LogMeIn:

https://support.logmeininc.com/

Communication & Collaboration
GoToMeeting
GoToWebinar
GoToTraining
join.me
Grasshopper
OpenVoice
Jive
Engagement & Support
Rescue
GoToAssist
Bold360
BoldChat
Identity & Access
LastPass
Pro
Central
GoToMyPC
tom14

Postby l45tp455804 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:49 am

cdmtoday Wrote:The latest update is seriously flawed and LP does not seem to care. No emails from support, no posts on their blog, and sense of urgency to fix this mess. If they can't figure this out, I must ask, HOW SECURE CAN OUR DATA BE?

Shame on you, LogMeIn.

Exactly. This is the nail in their coffin. It's over for LP now. Already felt really bad about LogMeIn, which looked so unfitting as a corporate entity for LP. I guess we should have listened to our intuition about it.
Sorry you failed to keep your brainchild in order, Joe, but I can't defend this kind of mess any longer.
This is it guys, I'm out.
l45tp455804

Postby leslie504 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 pm

I agree. And I'm in the position of having recommended it to clients, and now I have to clean up that mess, too. Installed Bitwarden and imported my LastPass data in about 5 minutes. I plan to keep LP for personal use until the end of my subscription, which will give me time to figure out if BitWarden is right for me.
leslie504

Postby sac86738 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:18 pm

This list cracks me up as to the number of things LogMeIn, Inc. has made useless to me. (My comments in parens)

tom14 Wrote:God knows what fails they will introduce to their other products. After this debacle I would be hesitant to invest time & money into any products managed by LogMeIn:

https://support.logmeininc.com/

Communication & Collaboration
GoToMeeting
GoToWebinar
GoToTraining
join.me (used to be free, then no longer free after acquisition. bye-bye for basic one-off screensharing to help mom with her computer)
Grasshopper
OpenVoice
Jive (we currently use for four businesses and I pray they don't mess it up... talk about mission-critical.)
Engagement & Support
Rescue
GoToAssist
Bold360
BoldChat
Identity & Access
LastPass (User since 2010, and a Premium subscriber from 2012 ($12/year) through Apr 2019 ($36/year)
Pro
Central
GoToMyPC

Tried to pull up a current payment receipt for my Premium subscription, but their system only shows payments through 2017-06-16 (2 years ago). Found it on website: $36.

And not only that, but they're doing stupid things to push their LogMeIn products, if you'll notice. When signed into your vault on the web and you hit your user account icon, why in the world would I want to Attend a Webinar? What use is that other than an advertisement? Sick. So much wasted time today. Half a day spent researching, migrating, fixing... a disgrace.
sac86738

Return to Feedback