login fills with wrong user info

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

login fills with wrong user info

Postby 10sTroy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:28 pm

I have a whinge about something that has continued to annoy us for a long time. In a number of instances my wife and I have separate Lastpass login sites that go to the same URL with different usernames and passwords for our different accounts. When I launch from the Lastpass site for my login, it autofills not with my information, but hers, and then completes the login to the wrong account. OK, now I feel better... We are Lastpass fans, in spite of this.
10sTroy

Re: login fills with wrong user info

Postby jonat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:38 pm

LastPass doesn't allow you to assign a relative priority for multiple logins, nor does it seem to remember which one you use the most. My advice is to disable auto-login (at least on that site) to give you a chance to correct the wrong account selection.
jonat

Re: login fills with wrong user info

Postby sac86738 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:30 pm

I'd switch to a proper password manager now that LastPass has completely lost its mind with the March 2019 update. In my case, same situation + another fun one: On websites where it's a two-step login (email on one page, password on another) ... good f*cking luck if you use the keyboard to advance through your logins until you find the right one. It's point-and-click, as long as you don't hover over the login you want fill because hovering over any login ends up replacing the username (you know, what you're looking for) with the word FILL. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Good luck.

To make this more helpful: 1Password has been working out great so far. Very similar featureset.
sac86738

Return to Feedback