Premium pricing

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Annual auto renew premium has tripled in three years! Woah!

Postby dsparks834 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Extreme increase without evidence of new features. :o
I'm thinking of cancelling. Anyone else noticed this dramatic increase?
dsparks834

Re: Premium pricing

Postby j33450 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm

I actually came here to say that I love Lastpass!

I would be happy to pay for the premium version but the free version already gives me everything I need and makes my life so much easier :D
j33450

Postby cobold0815 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 am

Did you guys get any responses to your questions? I am also affected by the price increase and don't want to pay triple the price while having been using lastpass for the last 8(!) years for 12$ a year.

Is there a chance of staying in the old price model?
cobold0815

Postby furiousdog » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

I just received my notice about the $12 price hike. So what exactly am I getting now that I did not last year? I don't see any difference in the features listed on the renewal notice between 2018 and 2019. At least no new worthwhile feature(s). Or is this just a "because we can" move that so many companies are doing these days. Thanks LP for joining the price gouging parade! :evil:
furiousdog

Postby clint146 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Must say, considering the product has gotten considerably worse over the last few years (especially the March 2019 release), I can't see continuing at this current price.

I started in 2013 at $12/year, which was a good price for what they product did.

Then, last year (2018), they went to $24/year. I had no real problem with that, other than the product really had started to slip from a quality perspective. However it had been 5 years, with no rate hike, so I get it.

Then, we come to this year and a 50% price increase, a year after a 100% price increase. Oh and by the way, during one of the absolute worse updates in the history of the product, the infamous March 2019 update. I mean seriously, I feared the worst when they were bought out, but this is ridiculous. I guess the great thing is that there are great alternatives out there for even less cost.

But, it is ultimately their loss. Not only have I turned off auto-renewal. We have also decided to look elsewhere at my company. So in the grand scheme, it may not be much to LastPass. However, I bet me and/or my company will not be the only one. Since I am in a position to recommend software to companies, I will no longer be able to recommend LastPass. It was a great run, but everything must come to an end.
clint146

Postby jmchiejr248 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Also just canceled my automatic renewal. $40/year is too much for an individual consumer subscription for this service.
jmchiejr248

Previous

Return to Feedback