Premium pricing

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Annual auto renew premium has tripled in three years! Woah!

Postby dsparks834 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Extreme increase without evidence of new features. :o
I'm thinking of cancelling. Anyone else noticed this dramatic increase?
dsparks834

Re: Premium pricing

Postby j33450 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:53 pm

I actually came here to say that I love Lastpass!

I would be happy to pay for the premium version but the free version already gives me everything I need and makes my life so much easier :D
j33450

Postby cobold0815 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:31 am

Did you guys get any responses to your questions? I am also affected by the price increase and don't want to pay triple the price while having been using lastpass for the last 8(!) years for 12$ a year.

Is there a chance of staying in the old price model?
cobold0815

Postby furiousdog » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

I just received my notice about the $12 price hike. So what exactly am I getting now that I did not last year? I don't see any difference in the features listed on the renewal notice between 2018 and 2019. At least no new worthwhile feature(s). Or is this just a "because we can" move that so many companies are doing these days. Thanks LP for joining the price gouging parade! :evil:
furiousdog

Postby clint146 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm

Must say, considering the product has gotten considerably worse over the last few years (especially the March 2019 release), I can't see continuing at this current price.

I started in 2013 at $12/year, which was a good price for what they product did.

Then, last year (2018), they went to $24/year. I had no real problem with that, other than the product really had started to slip from a quality perspective. However it had been 5 years, with no rate hike, so I get it.

Then, we come to this year and a 50% price increase, a year after a 100% price increase. Oh and by the way, during one of the absolute worse updates in the history of the product, the infamous March 2019 update. I mean seriously, I feared the worst when they were bought out, but this is ridiculous. I guess the great thing is that there are great alternatives out there for even less cost.

But, it is ultimately their loss. Not only have I turned off auto-renewal. We have also decided to look elsewhere at my company. So in the grand scheme, it may not be much to LastPass. However, I bet me and/or my company will not be the only one. Since I am in a position to recommend software to companies, I will no longer be able to recommend LastPass. It was a great run, but everything must come to an end.
clint146

Postby jmchiejr248 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:34 pm

Also just canceled my automatic renewal. $40/year is too much for an individual consumer subscription for this service.
jmchiejr248

Postby pikesquare » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:50 am

Just canceled the auto renewal. 36$ is just to much for this service which got worse over the years. the opera-addon and the mobile-app are terrible. there are a lot of cheaper options out there which can do the same.
pikesquare

Postby 653 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:54 am

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm really getting tired of the premium price increases every year, I was surprised with the $12 to $24 dollar increase but was willing to pay considering the value I place on having LASTPASS safely store my personal information across multiple platforms and devices. With that being said, this is the last straw, I will begin looking for alternate means and methods immediately. At the time I subscribed this was innovative and considered the best in the business but i can see greed is taking over and I'm not okay with that.

Pissed off customer who is about to leave!!!!

Postby ronaldbernier865 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:29 am

653 Wrote::evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm really getting tired of the premium price increases every year, I was surprised with the $12 to $24 dollar increase but was willing to pay considering the value I place on having LASTPASS safely store my personal information across multiple platforms and devices. With that being said, this is the last straw, I will begin looking for alternate means and methods immediately. At the time I subscribed this was innovative and considered the best in the business but i can see greed is taking over and I'm not okay with that.

Pissed off customer who is about to leave!!!!

I truly believe that the goal of Logmein/Lastpass is to eliminate personal accounts. All indications are that Logmein is more interested in attracting new business customers than they are in retaining long time personal use customers. It would appear that management has made the decision that rather than flat out say that they will no longer offer personal accounts they have decided that they will continue to raise prices to the point that individuals will no longer subscribe to the service thus making it a financial loss to continue offering individual accounts.
ronaldbernier865

Postby lemontree711 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi, I also came here to register a complaint about the price increases. Tripling the price in 3 years is unacceptable, especially without any notification that the price would be increasing before you charged my credit card. I have been a faithful user of LastPass for about 7 years, have mentioned it and recommended it to many people, but if the price keeps increasing like this, I will be forced to find another solution.
lemontree711

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback