Premium pricing

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Premium pricing

Postby wiseyD » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:10 pm

I"m good until 2021 at that time I won't be renewing. Price is too high.
wiseyD

Postby Chorsley » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:05 pm

I have also been a member for a while. Triple price increase over three years is too much. I appreciate the updates and the product is great, but not offering dedicated consumers a slower ramp up on price is disappointing.
Chorsley

Re: Premium pricing, Member Loyalty Lacks Benefit

Postby Wizbang2FL » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:53 am

vaclavz Wrote:Hi,

I love LastPass. I really do. I'm happy premium user. But. First year $12 - it was awesome price. Second year $24 - it was fair price for the functionality. This year you ask me for $36 which is limit price and I'm a little bit disappointed, but I'll pay it to you. But if next year price would be more than $36 I'll look for alternative or stick with my browser's password manager. It is nice you are adding a lot of features I don't need, but I'm on premium plan just because I want my passwords synchronized between computers and mobile devices. And the price is starting to be an issue for me. Next time I might spend few hours by migrating to other service.

I have been a LastPass member through thick and thin. Through data breaches that occurred in the early years of the platform. I stayed even when the platform was practically impotent because of bugs between versions syncing between each other. This was almost 6 months of being pulled back and forth through one breakdown after another. One platform over writing a newer password, or a new password refusing to be updated for no apparent reason. I got upset, but stood by the platform and gave feedback until they were able to track down the issues. Back when I first joined in 2012 the fee was $12 a year which I thought was fair. Then LogMeIn came in and took over and the rate went to $24 per year. Ok I can buy the 12 increase over 6 years. But now it's $36 a year! This is really showing a lack of loyalty to subscribers who have had uninterrupted premium subscriptions since the platform was still very much a work in progress.

Will I stay with the platform? I haven't decided yet, am I going to look at alternatives? Absolutely!

Sometimes companies become so absorbed in "their product" that they forget how they got there and who stayed with them when things weren't going so great. Just thoughts from a Premium subscriber since 2010.
Wizbang2FL

Postby PowderUser » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:51 pm

I am 100% in agreement regarding dislike of the massive price increases. I went with this year's increase but am disabling auto renew and will be looking at Last Pass in the rear view mirror next year with any other increases. Triple the price over two calendar years? I don't think so. You built a great product at one-third the price, now do small improvements while blowing up the UI and want to soak users. BAD MOJO.
PowderUser

Postby ronaldbernier865 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:10 am

PowderUser Wrote:I am 100% in agreement regarding dislike of the massive price increases. I went with this year's increase but am disabling auto renew and will be looking at Last Pass in the rear view mirror next year with any other increases. Triple the price over two calendar years? I don't think so. You built a great product at one-third the price, now do small improvements while blowing up the UI and want to soak users. BAD MOJO.

Actually, if you see the Lastpass posts on social media (Facebook) you get the distinct impression that Lastpass/LogMeIn really doesn't care about the individual/family consumer and therefore doesn't care how many users they lose because of exorbitant price increases and extremely poor design changes. The vast majority of the LastPass social media posts are geared to and addressed to business and enterprise users. My opinion is that Lastpass is phasing out access and support for individuals and families.
ronaldbernier865

Postby TopDevice » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

I am happy to see that I'm not the only one who has realized that their subscription fee has increased threefold since the time they first subscribed. 36$ + VAT amounts to 43.20$, which is more than I pay for any other software product I use. This pricing is just ridiculous, and by no means is it justified by the weak new features introduced in the last years. They have just waited until their users settle into using LastPass, save a hundred passwords, and now they start milking them shamelessly. I will also cancel my auto-renewal and I will probably migrate to another, more affordable password manager unless I'm offered at most the 24USD/year price tag.
TopDevice

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:12 pm

TopDevice Wrote:They have just waited until their users settle into using LastPass, save a hundred passwords, and now they start milking them shamelessly. I will also cancel my auto-renewal and I will probably migrate to another, more affordable password manager unless I'm offered at most the 24USD/year price tag.

LastPass makes the vast majority of their service free to consumer users. Unless you need the premium features they offer, just use the free service tier.
jpenny84

Postby franthetank » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Was this price increase announced $36 ?
I can t believe how greed this is..thumb down!
Cancelling it and reporting
franthetank

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:07 pm

franthetank Wrote:Was this price increase announced $36 ?
I can t believe how greed this is..thumb down!
Cancelling it and reporting

Yes, in February.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/02/chang ... mium.html/
jpenny84

Postby yoda42 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 pm

Agree with everyone else's complaints. I have turned off automatic renewal and will move next year to the free tier. I only use lastpass for passwords across multiple devices. I don't require sharing passwords or "1gb of secure storage".
yoda42

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback