Premium pricing

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Premium pricing

Postby ReviveQuality » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:32 pm

shane214 Wrote:I agree 100% here, i have used this for three years and its now tripled the price, i will now remove auto renew and look for an alternative next time unfortunately. Lastpass you have priced yourself out of my market.

Please let us know what you find.
ReviveQuality

Postby ReviveQuality » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:59 pm

netbadger Wrote:
I've already crossed BitWarden & 1Password off my list.

Do you have the time to tell us where they fell short?
Inquiring mins want to know.

BitWarden doesn't have form fill. In fact it's almost impossible to even find the form I want to fill even if I were to do it manually which of course I don't want to do.

While their support was quick, the guy didn't seem to care at all that this was an issue & seemed like a mindless drone.

But I will tell you that whoever coded the software did an EXCELLENT job.

Their auto fills for logins (you can't choose if you want to auto fill for each login, it's either all or nothing which I also didn't like) are VERY fast & even filled in logins that LP NEVER does b/c LP SUCKS & has sucked for a very long time I'm now realizing.

It wasn't just this update that was causing me problems, I've had problems since their update last year & that was in August I think.

Also on BitWarden's forum, not one person answered my question. I think someone did respond a week ago & yup, they did, but like I said, BW didn't even add the login to their OWN community while tells me it doesn't add logins which is hilarious.

And also, it doesn't auto fill new p/ws. You have to manually copy it to your clipboard (there's a button there) & paste it in manually.

1Password - I was really hoping this would be my solution, but the guy who responded to me VERY quickly & was very nice, FAILED to mention to me that they don't import form fills from LP.

So I wasted my precious time going back & forth for days with him making sure they had everything I needed, then at the very end I asked about the export which should be OBVIOUS that anyone moving from another p/w competitor would want their data exported, & that's when I found out.

I was very pissed that he didn't tell me from the getgo, but of course he said I never asked.

People these days are NOT smart & of course he wasted his time too b/c that would have nixed the deal right away.

If I only had 5 form fills ok, I could add them manually, but I have maybe 20-30 of them & I am NOT wasting my time adding every one of them in manually to 1Password. And why don't they have an import for that?

Plus, he kept repeating that I could add them in manually even AFTER I told him that I had that many.

You have to be a moron to suggest that someone spend that much time manually adding in forms.

So there's my reasons why I didn't move over to them.

HTH
ReviveQuality

Postby netbadger » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:07 pm

Thanks for such a thorough review. I'll try to review some too. I just got out of the hospital so it will have to be a few days from now.
netbadger

Postby thomasdahl771 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:34 am

I am less unhappy with the price increases than I am about the abandonment of customer support and product development. A premium and improving product is worth paying more for. Peace of mind has a price. Just look at the rise and rise of the iPhone.

Letmein seems to have a very greedy and self-serving approach to business and this should worry its users.

I own 4 Volvo cars, not because they are cheap (they certainly are not) but because I trust them and they rarely break down.
thomasdahl771

Postby mwewe » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:27 pm

I installed Bitwarden and have no problem using the auto-fill for forms. I have two form-fill identities and they both show up clearly and correctly labeled, and when I click one, any form on the page gets filled. Like LastPiss, it occasionally misses a field, or part of it, but I think the user interface is much clearer and easier to use.

I used it for just a few hours and then disabled my LastPiss and paid $10 to get a premium version of Bitwarden. I like the fact it's open source, and it has data storage options that LP doesn't have. Also, I like it's user interface much better. The import of LP data was easy and without errors. Also, with the click of a button it will tell you if your password has been exposed in any breach known to them.

So far I've had no problems using it, and I've found all the functionality I used in LP also in BW. My problem is that I already paid my $36 to LP and they won't give it back... but I'm still dumping it.

ReviveQuality Wrote:
mcadwell554 Wrote:I'm also going to Bitwarden. It's similar to how LP used to be years ago. And $10 is affordable. $40 is just plain outrageous!

Ok, I already tested it out & while it's great as far as the coding goes, it does NOT auto fill forms & the forms are listed as one big mess.

If you don't use the forms like I do, that won't matter to you.

HTH
mwewe

Postby rack92 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:35 am

Dang with all the password manager alternatives' pricing so high, I ought to get into the password manager game and make some $$$$! I'm looking into the free version now, thanks for the tip folks.
rack92

Postby Lucky0077 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:06 pm

I have also been a loyal premium customer since 2012 and have been happy to pay 12 USD. Since last year I was dissatisfied with the double price. And more this year. In Germany 46 USD. In Euro 40.
That's what I'm going to do. Automatically paying is off.
After seeing today that the support ticket was outsourced so complicated, my opinion was firm. I will turn my back on LastPass.
Very bad
Lucky0077

Postby GMHilltop » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:02 pm

It's unlikely I'll renew either (after being a premium member for many years) - especially after this ongoing, disastrous update!
I will NOT be recommending Lastpass until it gets fixed.

Thankfully I've backed up all my data using Keepass in parallel with Lastpass from day one.
(I actually started with Keepass years before using Lastpass)

Keepass requires a little more "Setup", but if you are accessing the same form over and over again you CAN set the auto-type functionality to insert your information for you and it is quite good at it.

I also know that there are additional plugins/extensions that may help you achieve your goals.
Something to consider.
GMHilltop

Postby TECH198 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Moving down to free if i don't get prioity support, as that's realy the only reason for paying.

I can take moving from $12, to $24, but not to $36, just to add extra features and annoy those who don't want/need the "price hike"

They don't need to introduce another plan just for this if they want to keep everyone happy, just add a "add-on option" to Premium that says "If you want these addition features <lists> upgrade for $36 a year, otherwise your stay paying at $24."

I'd be fine with that as long it was an option as some may want advanced multi-factor only, but don't wanna pay extra for it.

The "extra" only came in when they added "emergency access" etc..
TECH198

Postby flylooper » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:37 pm

I've been with Last Pass for over 6 years. In those six years I have seen my Premium subscription go up 300%. (I started out as $12, then went to $24 and now, next month Last Pass want to charge me $36/year.)

The quickest way to lose a customer is to treat them as if they're cash cows. I'm not! I live on a modest retirement income and watch my expenses closely. So now, I'm forced into looking elsewhere for an alternative to LastPass. (It's a pain in the neck but I'm going to do it.) And I have a suspicion the marketing people at Last Pass made the decision that those of us who are fed up and trying to leave are just a small minority of their customer base.) At the least, I'll switch to the free version if it's still around when my subscription expires in August.

Well, so be it.
flylooper

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback