Premium pricing

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Premium pricing

Postby TECH198 » Sun May 12, 2019 5:07 pm

It it does raise, it may be a good reason to go back on free, now they also do mobile sync..

I am a current premium subscriber only because i like to support them, but there is a limit how much i'd pay (particularly when it looks like i'm not getting the support i need now) :(. Why should i pay for something i don't get..?

I manage to solve my own problems last time because LP never replied. and I got fed up waiting for them to.
TECH198

Postby ausdisciple » Tue May 14, 2019 3:21 pm

I've also just cancelled my premium subscription due to this exorbitant price hike. Tripling the price in as many years is simply unacceptable, especially when a premium subscription doesn't offer much more, for me, over a free one.
I've also become somewhat frustrated by the frequency with which LastPass wants me to enter my master password lately too. Rather inconvenient to say the least.
I too am going to investigate other services.
ausdisciple

Postby ReviveQuality » Tue May 14, 2019 11:45 pm

HeMar Wrote:LastPass is an excellent password manager but their price inflation is gargantuan. I paid 12$, 24$, but I will not pay 36$. After some research, I switched to Bitwarden without any problem and the import of my data was done with ease. Free BitWarden is an ad-free multiplatform because it is OpenSource. A 10$/year premium option offers some additional features.

Why did you pick Bitwarden?

They aren't on the list of all the other alternatives.

I only found out about them thru this forum.

Thanks
ReviveQuality

Postby ReviveQuality » Tue May 14, 2019 11:46 pm

TECH198 Wrote:It it does raise, it may be a good reason to go back on free, now they also do mobile sync..

I am a current premium subscriber only because i like to support them, but there is a limit how much i'd pay (particularly when it looks like i'm not getting the support i need now) :(. Why should i pay for something i don't get..?

I manage to solve my own problems last time because LP never replied. and I got fed up waiting for them to.

They were bought out in 2015 by LogMeIn which is WHY they are jacking up the price.

They paid a huge sum for LP, but we shouldn't have to suffer & with all the issues I've had with LP last year & now with the update, FORGET IT.
ReviveQuality

Postby MrMoustache » Wed May 15, 2019 7:35 pm

I, too, am unhappy about the LastPass price increase. I'm a relatively new user who signed up at the tail end of the $12 era. The next year hit me with the $24 increase. About six months back I upgraded to the Family plan at a prorated price, talking my spouse into using LastPass. Now my plan worked too well, he likes LastPass, and I will now have to shell out the $48 for the next renewal of the Family plan. The percentage increase over the short time frame has soured my option of the service. I don't recall seeing an advanced notice of the price increase, but that plus an offer of a customer discount on renewing for another year or two, or five would have increased my loyalty. Someplace I read that LastPass was bought by LogMeIn, and the price increases are LMI's solution to shortening their ROI. This is not the way to keep customers nor entice new ones.
MrMoustache

Postby ReviveQuality » Thu May 16, 2019 12:01 pm

MrMoustache Wrote:I, too, am unhappy about the LastPass price increase. I'm a relatively new user who signed up at the tail end of the $12 era. The next year hit me with the $24 increase. About six months back I upgraded to the Family plan at a prorated price, talking my spouse into using LastPass. Now my plan worked too well, he likes LastPass, and I will now have to shell out the $48 for the next renewal of the Family plan. The percentage increase over the short time frame has soured my option of the service. I don't recall seeing an advanced notice of the price increase, but that plus an offer of a customer discount on renewing for another year or two, or five would have increased my loyalty. Someplace I read that LastPass was bought by LogMeIn, and the price increases are LMI's solution to shortening their ROI. This is not the way to keep customers nor entice new ones.

Correct, I never got a notice that they were increasing the price either, & I'm not even on the family plan, so I'm shelling out a lot more than you are b/c you can have multiple people on your one account & I'm paying $36
ReviveQuality

Postby victoria451 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am

I'm going to add my "WTF?" to this thread because...wtf, LastPass? I've been a happy customer for the last 5 years. Last year the price increased from 12 USD to 24 USD. Which is still a good price but now ANOTHER increase? ANOTHER 12 USD extra? For what? I don't see ANY kind of improvement. None.

I'm on auto-pay so LastPass expects me to just happily go along with any increase in price they deem acceptable?

I reiterate: What the actual f? o.O Am I to expect another 12 USD increase next year?
victoria451

Postby ReviveQuality » Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 pm

victoria451 Wrote:I'm going to add my "WTF?" to this thread because...wtf, LastPass? I've been a happy customer for the last 5 years. Last year the price increased from 12 USD to 24 USD. Which is still a good price but now ANOTHER increase? ANOTHER 12 USD extra? For what? I don't see ANY kind of improvement. None.

I'm on auto-pay so LastPass expects me to just happily go along with any increase in price they deem acceptable?

I reiterate: What the actual f? o.O Am I to expect another 12 USD increase next year?

Do you even like the new version?

A few people do, but most of us don't & we are paying a MUCH higher price.
ReviveQuality

Postby kimsuncle » Wed May 22, 2019 11:47 am

Same here. I was fine with $12 and begrudgingly paid when they went to $24 and then when they went to $36. But if they increase again, I WILL be switching to another provider -- I still might to so if they don't go back to $24.
kimsuncle

Postby mcadwell554 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 pm

I found a password manager very comparable to LastPass for a lot less money. I've used LastPass for 5 years but this will be my last since they've mucked up how things worked multiple times and have raised their prices, gouging their customers. I'm jumping ship LastPass. I warned you after the last update I would be doing it. I found another product that is superior to yours. Goodbye!
mcadwell554

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback