chrome ext: "Lastpass is updating" never completes

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: chrome ext: "Lastpass is updating" never completes

Postby seanslife » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:56 pm

I'm having same problem. Uninstalled several times, no joy. Windows and Chrome both up to date. Subsequently, it seems sometimes LP is not catching an updated or new password entry. Rather annoying. Will try moving away from Chrome until issue is resolved. Not the end of the world, LP is still a great (free) product which keeps me and my family safe!
seanslife

Re: chrome ext: "Lastpass is updating" never completes

Postby bitmanalex310 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:13 am

Same. Recently LP has been telling me it needs to update - it's icon on Chrome toolbar turns yellow, if i agree i am taken to my vault screen with rotating circle "Lastpass is updating please wait a minute" over it :?
I have waited many minutes - nothing happens. I went to Chrome's "Extensions" page and tried to update LP from there - Chrome says LP is updated.
Cheers, Alex
bitmanalex310

Lastpass Repeatably Attempts Updates

Postby planz » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm

Hello

I'm not sure what version of lastpass I'm currently using. I assume it's the latest before this most recent update.

I have repeatedly applied the update in Firefox. The update seems to take place and while I'm in that current session I see the new interface and reorganization of data.

However, every time I close the browser and then reopen it, Lastpass has reverted to the previous version and again asks to update to the new version. This happens repeatably.

I've cleared out the entire history / cache from firefox to no avail. This is also happening with "opera" browser.

I'm using Windows 10.
planz

lastpass repeatedly attempts update

Postby planz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:47 am

Hello

I'm not sure what version of lastpass I'm currently using. I assume it's the latest before this most recent update.

I have repeatedly applied the update in Firefox. The update seems to take place and while I'm in that current session I see the new interface and reorganization of data.

However, every time I close the browser and then reopen it, Lastpass has reverted to the previous version and again asks to update to the new version. This happens repeatably.

I've cleared out the entire history / cache from firefox to no avail. This is also happening with "opera" browser.

I'm using Windows 10.
planz

Updating never start / finnish / goes away

Postby Glocky » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:05 am

I get the message "A new version of LastPass is here" all the time.. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything but it does not go away, nor start, nor finish or do anything. It seems to start updating when I click "Update now", but 3 hours and nothing...

The message:
https://imgur.com/9innPZk

What happens:
https://imgur.com/EhPl6SV
Glocky

Re: Updating never start / finnish / goes away

Postby OtherNamesTaken » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:25 am

This appears to be a common problem.
OtherNamesTaken

Previous

Return to Feedback