Form fill

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Form fill

Postby soul4sail » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 pm

They have completely ruined Lastpass with this latest update, I don't what they were thinking here. Yea, form fills don't work for me & the huge shell integrated menu makes no sense now, so many choices & the one address I used the most isn't even listed & forms don't fill on any sites for me now. Everything about this new update, the menus & functionality of these new updates, has just completely ruined lastpass. They need to reset it back to how it was.
soul4sail

Postby bluedevilkiwi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:20 pm

Same for me. I'm not sure why someone thought it was a good idea to remove the form fill function. It was my main use for LastPass. So frustrating I have to find a new product and change over my passwords.

I used to recommend this to colleagues and in presentations for clinicians who travel, as a way of maintaining data security across platforms in research and clinical settings.

Very painful.
bluedevilkiwi

Postby JayUSA32 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Where is the statement of policy / direction from the company about the complete screw-up with form fill? Tell us what happened and why LP is or isn't going to fix it. Pin it to the top of the board index in bold letters.

Then send the whole team to an Executive MBA to learn about crisis management!
JayUSA32

Postby cencar571 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am

Sorry folks it was inevitable. Lastpass was bought out in by LogMeIn in late 2015. Their [LogMeIn] existing products are more conference call, webinar related.
https://www.logmeininc.com/products
It would seem that they want LastPass to be more of a "shared experience". I have an ongoing Ticket with them started 5th April 19' and I finally got an answer 19th April 19'.
In a nutshell LP says "however the process of a specific "Form Fill" item has changed". In other words it no longer exists. Feel free to have a look at the nonsense and waffle they purport to be help.
https://lastpass.com/my.php?token=WQKMJ ... orefresh=1

I recommend Bitwarden, alas it does not have form fills either but their free version is every bit as good as LP. Bitwarden will except your export csv file and will as accept the passwords exactly. Form fills can be a bit more time consuming. Bitwarden has a basic template but you can add custom fields.
https://bitwarden.com

Hope it helps, I am just like the rest of you fed up with Lastpass and their arrogant attitude towards their customers.
cencar571

Postby cencar571 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 am

Just tried to give a detailed explanation and when I submitted my reply. It said it would have to be checked by the moderator. This is like Orwell's 1984 anyway go to Bitwarden. It's free and will accept your export csv from Lastpass. Hope it helps.
cencar571

Postby phalpern » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:10 pm

The fill form functionality is still there, but it is hard to use and buggy. If you right-click on a field, a list of fill-forms comes up. THe list is limited in length and because of the way they split addresses out from payment cards, the number of options is too long, so some things don't show up! Also, you'd need to use two separate clicks to fill in an address and payment information, since they are now on separate cards. Ridiculous!
phalpern

Postby bobcronin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:38 pm

I'll give them this. The new design is more flexible, allowing you to use a different credit card each time you fill in your address. The problem is, I suspect that most people use the same card almost all the time. It'd be handy if there were a "default credit card" property of an address-type entry that you could either use or not depending on whether you typically use the same card or need to use different ones. That would reduce the number of clicks for the typical user and seems better than requiring multiple clicks for everyone whether they need the flexibility or not.
--
bc
bobcronin

Postby ira » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:04 pm

I'll have to pop in here and agree, this update has made what was a reasonable but somewhat broken product into an almost completely useless one. They spend a lot of time talking about the vault, but I never see it, I just use the browser add ins for Firefox and Chrome. Even if I find the payment items, they never give me the fill option, only edit. What a step back to the dark ages. I was hoping to get back to being premium after they fixed some of the problems it had before, but now, it's hopelessly ruined.

If someone in charge of the UI actually designed this by choice, there is no hope for this product. Or maybe they assumed all websites make sense and so in all their tests it worked perfect.

Ira
ira

Postby man783 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:59 pm

I think Form Fill is still there, just not as easy to find, and not called Form Fill.
There might be an easier way to access it, but try this:

Fill in the data
Click the Lastpass icon on your toolbar
Click "Add Item" > Scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Save All Entered Data"

Is that it?

You can also select a saved item > click edit > Click the Wrench Icon. From there you can see the individual fields, field names, etc.
man783

Postby sac86738 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Just a quick update. I moved back over to 1Password after switching from it to LastPass many years ago. I am 100% satisfied with 1Password as a replacement for LastPass, and it brings great delight to me each day I use it. It's lightning fast, beautiful, and--gasp!--even fills in your forms like the good old days of LastPass back when it was useful.

And no, I don't work for 1Password, lol -- I used to have a LastPass sticker on my laptop and even passed them out to my friends. I was a brand evangelist and they didn't even know it. Really too bad... but if you want to save yourself time and frustration, 1P is a bona-fide winner.
sac86738

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback