Form fill

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Form fill

Postby joan1948 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:57 am

Just discovered that the form fill option is missing, so I contacted Support and just received this response:

You will see the form fills in addresses, payment cards, and bank accounts. Please check this blog post https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/08/organ ... pass.html/. I am afraid that we cannot revert back to the old version. We will pass the feedback to our team however we cannot give you an ETA.

And that's supposed to be helpful?? I'm very disappointed in LastPass for eliminating this extremely helpful option.
joan1948

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:22 pm

joan1948 Wrote:Just discovered that the form fill option is missing, so I contacted Support and just received this response:

You will see the form fills in addresses, payment cards, and bank accounts. Please check this blog post https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/08/organ ... pass.html/. I am afraid that we cannot revert back to the old version. We will pass the feedback to our team however we cannot give you an ETA.

And that's supposed to be helpful?? I'm very disappointed in LastPass for eliminating this extremely helpful option.

Wow, so they don't even plan on fixing it even though there's 5 BLOODY PAGES OF COMPLAINTS!!!
ReviveQuality

Postby adamw1987254 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:35 pm

I actually found this option it's just hidden a bit...

1. Open LastPass vault (full page)
    2. click on the plus + in the bottom right corner (not hover... click)
    3. You should get an "Add item" window.
    4. Scroll alllllll the way down (if you have a lot of custom form fills) to the very bottom.
    5. Click the + with the text "New Custom Item Type".

You can then create a field name that LastPass will search for on the page, and the value that you would like to be inserted.

Hope this helps.
adamw1987254

Postby lonestar1747 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:57 pm

yes, as most others have stated here...Logmein really sucks!! Why can't successful software co's stay with its customer base with a good product i.e. lp.and not sell out to someone who obviously couldn't care lessfor customer support..
I use form fills every day . NOW, I can't even generate new p.w. no copy function other than right click, but it won't work either...Looks liike its back to roboform, at least they work with top customer support.
Logmein - NEVER!!!!\
jOHN IN DALLAS
lonestar1747

Postby peanutmj » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:08 pm

OMG! Whoever decided getting rid of the Form Fill option should be made to spend eternity manually completing all of the paying customer's forms. Please, LastPass, if you are listening, bring it back. After being a paying customer for 7 years, I (and many others judging by the number of replies on this forum) am going to have to find a different product if this isn't fixed.
peanutmj

Postby tom14 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:38 pm

For help on the new UI update which caused the "Form Fill Debacle" Go to this thread:

https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=327585&start=180
tom14

Postby Vincentrider » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:08 am

Is there an alternative to this?
I mean I can still see the information on my lastpass but I cannot use it to fill out the forms. It only allows me to fill out my address, and not a single custom line.
I will try chrome form filler next.
Vincentrider

Postby david2020 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:37 am

I continue to be very unhappy premium Customer. I had all my form fills working really sweetly, now it is a nightmare. The data is all over the place. How could this messing about with my data layouts be done without my authorisation, or at the very least warning me it was going to happen. The form fills just don't work for me any more. Even when I try to sort out the mess that LastPass has inflicted on my data, the new fields I fill in often dont work. What was the point of these changes to what was such a good product. Can we have a roll-back please, before its too late.
david2020

Postby cbrillow » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:30 pm

Good grief! Just when I was starting to feel guilty for dropping my premium subscription a year or so ago when they doubled the price at the same time that they couldn't figure out how to make LP work with Firefox Quantum. So I followed through on my thread and reverted to being a free user. They finally did fix that problem, but it was hosed for MONTHS before it got fixed.

Now this! Another $12 a year for premium users, while neutering a very convenient, desirable feature that formerly allowed right-click form field fills? :roll:

This is truly 'the gang that couldn't shoot straight', apparently pointing the gun at their genitals, but hitting themselves in the foot, instead...
cbrillow

Postby s16 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:20 am

I found out that part of my frustration (there is still plenty to go around) was because the upgrade killed my right-click menu entry for LP, so I could not form fill from there (and the extension menu is unusable). So if you are not getting the right click form fill menu, try uninstalling and reinstalling the extension, that brought it back for me.
s16

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback