Form fill

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Form fill

Postby Feets » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:45 pm

This update is a complete and utter DISASTER. BRING BACK FORM FILLS NOW -- THE WAY THEY WERE!!
Feets

Postby mike578 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am

Form fill data I had in lastpass is preserved in the update but it no longer will fill into the webpage I need it to go into. Have to copy and paste everything in manually. What happened, lastpass? Anyone know of a good alternative, maybe a macro recording program?
mike578

Postby M5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:40 pm

I just cancelled my auto-renewal. I'm using Dashlane now. The experience is pretty similar to the old LastPass UI. I'm not thrilled with their form filler so I'm also using an extension called Autofill that you can download from the Chrome store. The latter has a way better form fill experience with a multitude of customization options. It even checks off check boxes. :ugeek:
M5

Postby gvp353 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I'm also not happy with the latest plugin for both firefox and chrome. I have a credit card that I even selected as a favorite and I am unable to fill the data like I've done in the past hundreds of times. My only
option is to edit the credit card entry and copy and paste manually. I mean this is the reason I use a password manager in the first place.

Doesn't anybody check the functionality of the product before releasing? I'm a firmware developer and I would be embarrassed to have released this version.

Version: 4.26.0
Built: Mon Mar 18 2019 18:01:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)
Binary Component: true (Native Messaging version 4.1.44, built Nov 16 2017 23:33:27)
gvp353

Postby tom14 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:34 pm

The new form fill is a giant step backwards. I also will be switching to another app if they don't fix this. My new form fill list is 25 items long and none of them fill in what needs to be filled in. I am a Premium paying customer and I feel like I got screwed. Using last pass for years, but not much longer. The new version is like using the Yellow paged to dial a phone number on my smartphone. FIX THIS ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tom14

Postby tom14 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:14 pm

So Bank Accounts & Credit cards no longer contain addresses, email, or phone numbers. They are totally useless for filling a form. What a freaking joke!! The genius who came up with this "update" should be tarred feathered & hung out for carrion to devour.
tom14

Postby Auldian » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:22 am

I'm finding it of much less use now than before they changed the interface. It often does not fill the form.
Auldian

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:43 am

M5 Wrote:Ditto. All data from my existing fields seems to have been preserved in the new UI. Great. However it appears they removed the ability to add our own custom fields. So if a site has a random field name that I need filled, no dice in the new UI. I'm wondering who thought that would be a good idea? This function was invaluable for me in my work and home life and now it gone. *POOF* I've been a subscriber for a long time, but this takes away a LOT of the value of LastPass.

In addition, the organization of the info seems to have been designed by someone with autism or ADD. Or, since I have ADD, maybe it was designed by someone without it. :-) Either way, stuff is a bit more difficult to find. I'm already looking into other options. I'll give them a few weeks, but otherwise, I'm out.

LOL, thanks for making me laugh, but I DON'T have ADD & I'm just as confused as you are.
ReviveQuality

Postby ReviveQuality » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:50 am

Like Auldian stated, I also had problem long before this TERRIBLE update. The filling in logins or form fills by right clicking inside the login area stopped giving me all of the options for that site. Form fills was missing & so I had to use the icon on the top there which I NEVER had to do before.

Now they've removed the form fills so it doesn't even work, all it does is open the edit in a NEW tab.

WTH???

At least I got a laugh from a few developers here who KNOWS this is terrible & whoever allowed this to happen is a complete MORON.

I'm a premium member & been using LP since I think 2009. They have NOT fixed the problems with the other version & stopped responding to me on FB. This company has gone DOWN THE DRAIN.

I will be looking to switch to their competition. Clearly the customer is NOT right, only the company is.

I wonder if MS bought them out, since is the same BS we are going through with being forced onto Skype 8 that everyone hates.
ReviveQuality

Postby tom14 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 am

For everyone looking to switch here is a starting point.

https://www.consumersadvocate.org/password-manager
tom14

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback