Form fill

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Form fill

Postby jten315 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Oh good, they didn't remove form fill. They just changed it around. It splits personal/address info from payment info. That is reasonable. Folks generally have more than one payment method and want to pick which one. If you've got form fill information for more than one person, they aren't necessarily tied to one payment method.

I don't see any of my previously saved form-fill info, or an option to import, which is a little frustrating. I do have that info saved elsewhere, but what if I didn't? Is it just gone?

Anyway, I added two addresses, and form fill worked just fine.
jten315

Postby tumbolia » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:07 am

Form Fill (one of the best features of this tool) is just gone now from the drop-down menu? Whats the point of having the feature if it's not readily usable? It's like a click-journey to use this interface now. How do I get the older version?
Better yet, who has a list of alternatives to look at? This user interface took a huge step backwards. Why did they mess with a good thing that has been amazing for years?

One week I'll wait for a rollback and then it's gone, not by choice.
tumbolia

Postby mark521 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Yes, LastPass has completely ruined Form Fill. RUINED! I can't imagine who thought this up... who thought it was a great idea and agreed to peruse development... who tested it... and who said, "Yes, this is better than what we had".
mark521

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:28 pm

mark521 Wrote:Yes, LastPass has completely ruined Form Fill. RUINED! I can't imagine who thought this up... who thought it was a great idea and agreed to peruse development... who tested it... and who said, "Yes, this is better than what we had".

Form fills work fine for me. I would encourage you to review how to use them in the new experience:

https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/03/new-i ... pass.html/
jpenny84

Postby gregglass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug or is it now an intended feature? I can't imagine that it's not a bug, and it's a really bad one at that. This is a huge part of the LP value.
gregglass

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:19 pm

gregglass Wrote:Has anyone confirmed whether this is a bug or is it now an intended feature? I can't imagine that it's not a bug, and it's a really bad one at that. This is a huge part of the LP value.

Your form fill profiles are still there. Please review the blog post linked above regarding the refreshed interface.
jpenny84

Postby meeples » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Um, no, this is a major screwup. Don't get me wrong, I actually like the new design and it make senses logically. However there are not insignificant bugs, and it's not user error or not understanding.

This is trivial to see. Simply goto Amazon.com -> Account -> Add payment method. Click on credit card field. Oh look... there is no little Lastpass icon next to the field. So yes you absolutely 100% have to go and copy and paste it in via digging in the laspass extension menus.

Basically there is no form-filling fall back if it doesn't understand that it's a credit card or address field. Your only option is to manually cut and paste. (which happens often - eg on a major site like Amazon). Not to mention Amazon was just the first site I tried!
meeples

Postby gregglass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Yes, I did review the video, and that's not what's happening when you get to a field to fill in. The form fields aren't populating any information. You can push Fill and nothing populates...I've tried it on multiple different forms. Username/Login still seems to be working fine however.
gregglass

Re: Form Fill profiles have disappeared.

Postby felmers715 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Ummm wtf, my lastpass manager just updated, when I went to pay for a item and fill in my CC info/address the options have all changed and form fill profiles no longer exist. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are you serious!? How can you update and wipe out all old data. I now have to re input all my addresses and credit info into the new system!? This is very poor execution!!
felmers715

Re: Form Fill profiles have disappeared.

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 pm

felmers715 Wrote:Ummm wtf, my lastpass manager just updated, when I went to pay for a item and fill in my CC info/address the options have all changed and form fill profiles no longer exist. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are you serious!? How can you update and wipe out all old data. I now have to re input all my addresses and credit info into the new system!? This is very poor execution!!

Form fill profiles are not gone. Please review the official LastPass blog post announcing the interface refresh. They have a video which shows you how form fills operate with the new structure.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/03/new-i ... pass.html/
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback