This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 pm

nongkers485 Wrote:I too am looking to replace as cannot use fill forms anymore.what is it with update maniacs

Have you reviewed how form fills are supposed to work with the refreshed interface?

https://blog.lastpass.com/2019/03/new-i ... pass.html/
jpenny84

Postby veneziacj795 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:11 am

Agreed ... I hate this new update. This change is a big mistake. I've been using lasspast for 10 years and I'm going to start checking out other password managers. Very disappointing
veneziacj795

Postby chuckbyram265 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 am

jpenny84, please take a pause on your defense of this current release and take a moment to listen to and UNDERSTAND what EVERY single poster has said in this thread. We are not new LastPass users who have no prior version to compare against. We're not coming on here to say "well, this interface is a little clunky, but oh well." There is post after post after post of people saying exactly what they are missing from this new release and how it adversely affects their productivity and use patterns. We have a perspective that the new users do not, so they don't know that Favorites was an easy, accessible thing to use, or that "FILL" didn't cover the piece of information they were interested in in the site list when they are specifically over that entry (and you have to be over that list to scroll with a mouse wheel and you have to scroll because it's only 2.5 entries high and you can't see your entire list at once which was so so useful!) or that we don't want to have to remember that a certain type of secure note is a certain type of secure note or that we have to click the icon to get the copy username or copy password menu instead of just single clicking the correct icon that was right there.

Instead of saying "these people with no context for comparison aren't complaining, so you should be able to work after being knee-capped," maybe you could realize that a lot has been downgraded, and that those new users' experience could be SO MUCH BETTER.

Yes, people will threaten to find something else, and yes, most of those won't follow through. That does not make this a good update.
chuckbyram265

Postby JerryUP906 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Why Why Why would anyone think this last update for March is a good thing?

This is a freaking mess! It's very difficult to find what I need. There is not even a choice for "Sites" anymore and this was how I did all my normal login favorites.
On when getting to a pull down to login at a site password it like having way to many choices and I can't find my login saved entry.

Better yet when going and looking in help, it's nothing like what this format is, but is like the previous format; help is not helpful anymore.

Over the last few years the modification and updates were very junk filled, but the tool was very manageable to use yet, JUST A LOT SLOWER.

I'm a premium user and have been for many years, but now that LogMeIn is the holder of LastPass, maybe it's time to find something better (cleaner).
JerryUP906

Postby grizzly » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Still no meaningful response from from LP\Logmein to the torrent of (mostly constructive) criticisms on this thread. This silence is almost as concerning as the botched update itself. If LP\Logmein are not even prepared to engage with long-term users, I can envisage repetitions of this debacle in future. Total deal-breaker.

What's the best alternative? Needs to have:

- Chrome plugin
- Dual-factor authn
- Simple website credentials storage and fill
- Simple other secrets storage & retrieval
- Managed using keyboard shortcuts as well as mouse
- Trustworthy \ secure
- Nice to have: open-source

Bitwarden?
grizzly

Postby paulmosullivan108 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Unusable.
Been using lastpass for years and now simply can't find my form fills.....
And dont tell me to look at the blog on how to use it.....if as a regular user I have to do that, it is a surefire FAIL.
Good UI shouldn't require a user manual...
The things worked perfectly well for years....why change it so that it is quite literally unusable for its intended purpose.
One of the worst app updates that I have ever seen.
Roll back for pity's sake.
paulmosullivan108

Postby brake4boxes44 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:35 pm

I just uninstalled Lastpass and cancelled my automatic renewal. The new interface killed it for me. I used to love Lastpass but no more. Already subscribed and paid for a new password manager. Now your just something that i used to know!!
brake4boxes44

Postby brake4boxes44 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:36 pm

grizzly Wrote:Still no meaningful response from from LP\Logmein to the torrent of (mostly constructive) criticisms on this thread. This silence is almost as concerning as the botched update itself. If LP\Logmein are not even prepared to engage with long-term users, I can envisage repetitions of this debacle in future. Total deal-breaker.

What's the best alternative? Needs to have:

- Chrome plugin
- Dual-factor authn
- Simple website credentials storage and fill
- Simple other secrets storage & retrieval
- Managed using keyboard shortcuts as well as mouse
- Trustworthy \ secure
- Nice to have: open-source

Bitwarden?

Bitwarden is what I went with after spending last night and today going through all the other options.
brake4boxes44

Postby musicollector » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Okay, this outfit is as unresponsive, arrogant, and contemptuous as Google for its lack of interaction and responsiveness. Winding 'er down. Off to greener pastures.

What am I missing here? Is this the 2019 business model of a company surrounded by so many competitors like sharks? They need know how to survive and do business online! Ignore your customers and they will go away!
musicollector

Postby vasekkasal244 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:17 am

Sigh, there were always some glitches/features I hated. Looks like time to look at something new.
vasekkasal244

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback