This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby kmckee7880814 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:34 pm

We must have the favorites back.
kmckee7880814

Postby Badja » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 pm

This update was a fail - please roll back to the previous release.

I can't auto-fill on PayPal. If I have to cut and paste the login and password each time. This is close to a show stopper.
What was supposed to be Secure Notes was translated to Credit Card details - which shows LastPass has no respect for my data security.
I can no longer recommend LastPass to my friends and colleagues - and I get asked all the time as I'm an IT professional.

I'm waiting for Norton to provide 2-Factor authentication and then I'll be gone.
Badja

Form fills no longer reliable

Postby mark31416 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Since the March 2019 update, I sometimes find that i can't fill in my credit card information on a site. I will navigate to "Payment Cards" and will only find "None" listed. Before, the menu item was always there. Is this a new bug? I must say I find it infuriating. I had come to depend on LastPass for online shopping, and I don't understand why it seems to be less reliable.
mark31416

Postby zanzibar » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 am

DEAR GOD... REVERT! REVERT! REVERT!

I can't tell you how much more unusable this is. Why did you have to change it? WHY? It worked fine.
zanzibar

Postby jdesouza » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Ditto what has been said. I have been an evangelist for LastPass, not so sure now.
Please give us a version option or revert to the previous one.
jdesouza

Postby Sun » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Also chiming in to say how unnecessary and inconvenient this UI update is.

Example: having the 'COPY'/'EDIT'/'LAUNCH' animated text replace/cover up the username whenever hovering over to select a specific username/login out of multiple entries is a really strange decision. I know that it "looks cool," but there was literally no need to do that. Added to the fact that logins aren't organized by alphabetical-numerical order and is by 'most recently used', this simple 'aesthetic' becomes an annoyance when you have to double-check if you are highlighting the correct entry.
Sun

Postby InMyOpinion » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:00 pm

I have to agree with others that think the March 2019 update is TERRIBLE. If LastPass is not going to role it back, at least users the opinion of not using the "new features" and let each user opt to use the older format. After all most of us have paid to use LastPass, we should have not have terrible interface changes crammed down our throats.
InMyOpinion

Postby mr3puttz672 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:38 pm

Has there been any response to all of the complaint? This thing is now useless.
mr3puttz672

Postby tsmith35 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:33 pm

OH. MY. GOD. What the he!! was the UI developer thinking??? It's not exactly wonderful to have the LastPass menu open up displaying every credit card and form fill that I have to every single person in the airport / conference room / office / etc! Will the next version display my passwords in a 128 point flashing boldface font so everyone in the general vicinity can see my stuff???

Come on, guys. Let's go back to the basics... why do we use LastPass? To keep our passwords handy and fill out forms. Stuff that we don't want the entire world to see. Having a massive menu with dozens of credit cards, form fills and account selections fly open and cover half the screen is pretty invasive and very confusing. It's like having all of my bookmarks stored in one massive folder. Who at LastPass thought this was a good idea?

I suppose the only way the redesign could be worse would be to have it display my SSN and address at the top of the menu, just in case I wanted to share that too. Bad design. Let's press the Undo button and return to the previous version...
tsmith35

Postby nongkers485 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:52 pm

I too am looking to replace as cannot use fill forms anymore.what is it with update maniacs
nongkers485

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback