This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby gregster » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:58 am

I agree. The new UI looks cleaner but is hard to navigate. I have items grouped into folders, and I know whether I'm looking for a 'site' record vs a 'note' record. (Are 'Sites' now 'Passwords'?) Now i have to hope i remember what type of 'note' i created to find what I'm after or try to guess a keyword i used somewhere in the form.

This makes LastPass not my choice of being a 'secret-keeper.'

I still like the product and I'm not likely to look for something else, but when others ask what i use, I won't be giving the glowing recommendation for LastPass that I used to.
gregster

Postby gjjh25144 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:07 am

I have asked about the dissapearance of the favorites from the chrome version and they basically said that it was a new update and that was it. No we are sorry we will bring it back or anything.

Is it time to switch to Roboform?
gjjh25144

Postby musicollector » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:34 am

I regret having said Yes to the update. Before, there was only one link I had to click to get to my passwords. Now I have to click on yet another link - Now, there are Notes, Addresses, Payments cards, and Bank Accounts. WHY? Before, my bank accounts were under Passwords and there was an explicit link to fill addresses. The progression should be for ease of use, not an annoying retrograde. I am invoking System Restore and never upgrading!

And, justinl73, you don't need to be an asshole about the Indians. I take exception to that condescending remark as I am one. Show some respect. They are only doing their job.
musicollector

Postby mireland923 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:42 am

Why did you get rid of the favorites from both the Chrome and Firefox versions? The only way to get to favorites is to open the vault. Sorry but this new version is a big step backward.
mireland923

Postby dougschuess594 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:03 am

I, likewise, don't like the March 2019 update.posting.php?mode=reply&f=6&t=327585 How do I revert to the old version of LP? I'm using Win10 Pro with Firefox and Google Chrome on my desktop computer.
dougschuess594

Postby ka5la99bd1341 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm

Well, when I saw the update announcement I thought I'd well better check here first before I applied it. So glad I did. I'm going to just sit tight for a while. It took them long enough to get the bugs worked out of vs. 4.2 I just disabled auto updates in the browser. It could be a long time before the new version is acceptable.
ka5la99bd1341

Postby chuckbyram265 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:19 pm

I read through pretty much every post so far and all of them are on point. I'm never in the forums, but came to provide feedback about this update and found that all of my concerns had been voiced and then some. I'm hoping that a volume of responses on this topic will trigger some sort of resolution. I liked what was there, can we have a rollback option please?

Last week, my coworker that knows I used LP said "I really need to get lastpass" because of the number of passwords he has. I'm going to have to tell him to hold off and see if this thing improves. If not, he should find something else (and tell me if HE likes it).
chuckbyram265

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 pm

ka5la99bd1341 Wrote:Well, when I saw the update announcement I thought I'd well better check here first before I applied it. So glad I did. I'm going to just sit tight for a while. It took them long enough to get the bugs worked out of vs. 4.2 I just disabled auto updates in the browser. It could be a long time before the new version is acceptable.

It's not really an extension version update. Vault data is being restructured. New users have been on the refreshed interface for several months now with the exact extensions that you are using at this moment.
jpenny84

Postby bperry » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:43 pm

How many people got this update and tried to find their favorites and clicked on "open favorites" thinking it would open a drop down menu interface, only to have LP literally open a tab for every favorite and try to log in? I had so many tabs open I could not close Firefox fast enough.
I tried to uninstall the extension and install an older version only to find out it wasn't the extension's fault but the LP program running in Windows.

I can't believe the asshole software manager that ok'd this release without beta testing it on existing users and at least make some kind of announcement that it was coming and how to navigate. Now I have to waste time to figure this "helpful" UI out when I should be doing something productive.
bperry

Postby LastKat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Absolutely awful. Just roll it back to what it was before.
LastKat

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback