This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby tperk100 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:23 am

Ditto to most all of above. What idiots they must be. Been a user for about 12 yrs. 300% price increase and UI goes to crap. Seems like they don't even care. Simply Unbelievable. Looking at alternatives.
tperk100

Postby cbrillow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:02 am

maid Wrote:when are they gonna fix this mess?

Any day now.

Oh, and they need more $. Another 50% increase oughta do it. THEN they can get to work fixing things...
cbrillow

Postby pandapanda » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:32 am

I gave up and cancelled my subscription, I switched to Bitwarden. Seems to be just a good so far and have the same features, etc. Importing from LP was simple too.
pandapanda

Postby Rich123543 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:38 am

pandapanda Wrote:I gave up and cancelled my subscription, I switched to Bitwarden. Seems to be just a good so far and have the same features, etc. Importing from LP was simple too.

Thanks, after rolling back the UI after the initial fiasco (and NO explanation from lastpass/logmein as to WHY on earth mess with what works well) they've apparently forced it on us yet again. Ugh.

And thanks for the finding of bitwarden, will be moving to that as well if they don't fix this soon.

I want the old form fill where it'll fill EVERYTHING on the page, name, address, phone, credit card info, etc. with a couple clicks. Not have to click, click, click, click to insert several form fills.

Suddenly, I have EIGHT, yes 8 "things" with the same name, _rich - real info - default. Yes, 8, with 2 of each of the icons (which, to me, are unintuitive, what's wrong with TEXT????, or at least an option to change that to text????). Sheesh.

Who thought this ridiculousness was better and why is it better? Nothing I've seen from anyone has said "oh this is much better"! DOH!

And icons, icons, icons. Fine, I guess for tiny screens on phones but most of us use this primarily (I think) on regular computers. I want TEXT, not vague icons that don't mean anything to me.

For now, I've rolled back to the June 6th version of the Firefox xpi that helps somewhat, but still has my messed up form fills. Hmmm, maybe if I uninstall lastpass from Windows itself it'll be better.
Rich123543

Re: What in the actual F)*# were you thinking

Postby Rich123543 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:39 am

slipnslide Wrote:Seriously, ALL of my form fills are now broken and split into multiple places. If I want to auto-fill a payment w/checking account, now I can't include address information...? Really?

This is a product we PAY for; what an absolute mess. Add me to the list of completely irritated customers who is now searching for an alternative.

Bitwarden.
Rich123543

Postby Rich123543 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 am

[quote="LouDorner"]I was with LP from the beginning. I now use StickyPassword and Bitwarden. I will eventually stay with one or the other but
once LP was bought out by LogMeIn it was doomed. Read about what LogMeIn did to a software called Hamachi that in its day was
great until bought by LMI. LMI is all about big business and corporate accounts, they in my opinion could care less about the everyday user.
Cut your losses, save your time and pick an alternate product.[/quote]

Yup, everything logmein buys goes to heck. Witness their purchase of xmarks (kept bookmarks and more ACROSS browsers!) and then just killed it. Didn't even offer to open source it or anything so someone could pick it up to continue it. I'd used it since it was firefox only/foxmarks, fantastic, and turned a ton of people on to it, then just bye bye.

Now lastpass is hemorrhaging users like an artery was cut and with NO response from lastpass or logmein to explain this fiasco.

UGH.
Rich123543

Postby Rich123543 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 am

[quote="jimbobfred"]It really is.

You don't have to open the Vault though, you could go through a pointlessly long number of clicks instead.

ROFL! My sentiments exactly.
Rich123543

Postby jbdobers1574 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:13 am

bargnhtng938 Wrote:I hate this update. All my info is mangled and I can't fill forms like I did before. Now I have to copy and paste everything. It is very time consuming. I am going to have to find another formfiller service if they don't fix this.

Hi were you able fo find an alternative to the ruined lastpass?
jbdobers1574

Postby tperk100 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:48 am

Sadly, I must report that I am now using Bitwarden. It has features very close to but not quite as powerful as LP. It's easy to import LP data, and it's easy to use. Also there is still a FREE version, which is what me and my 504 logins moved to, and the paid version is only $10/yr.

BW will auto fill, but has no capability at this point to auto log-on. No change here because LP auto log-on rarely works. And unfortunately BW does not offer hotkey capability for Form Fills, one of my favorite LP features. But it's easy to select FF from drop down menu.

LP should get it's head out of its ass.
tperk100

Postby laurstar76 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:54 am

Thanks everyone for saying exactly how I feel. I'm so dismayed and disgusted by a company as crucial as LastPass acting so blase about their own importance. I guess Bitwarden it is...are there any others to consider that are as top notch as Lastpass used to be?
laurstar76

Previous

Return to Feedback