This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby LouDorner » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 pm

I was with LP from the beginning. I now use StickyPassword and Bitwarden. I will eventually stay with one or the other but
once LP was bought out by LogMeIn it was doomed. Read about what LogMeIn did to a software called Hamachi that in its day was
great until bought by LMI. LMI is all about big business and corporate accounts, they in my opinion could care less about the everyday user.
Cut your losses, save your time and pick an alternate product.
LouDorner

Postby myTBrealtor » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:18 am

Posting for a follow as I am very frustrated with LastPass as well.

In addition to this awful update, the LACK of the ability for the mobile app to save new sites is a near deal breaker for me. I have spoken with this support department and developers a number of times about this. Chrome on my iPhone can do it. Apple's own Keychain can do it. There is no longer any excuse. If I create a new account on my phone, I have to use a generic password becasue I will never remember the secure pw. Then I have to remember to log in at home on a PC or Mac and change the password to the site just to get LP to save it in the vault. LP will not offer to save the new site at all on mobile, it has to be created manually. Are you kidding me?

So I ask the community here who are fed up with this update, what are the BEST alternatives out there.

Dashlane had been a strong possibility before settling on LastPass. My wife liked it so much better. Ultimately the Families function within the LP account is what sold me and forced my family into this ecosystem.

I do not want to have to have 3 different accounts for my family so Families type functionality is clutch for me in any alternative options.

How sad is it that we are all here in the LastPass forum discussing the best other options, and LP is not all over it trying to figure out how to fix things, further good will among their customer base, and further develop their program to make their most knowledgeable end users happy?.
myTBrealtor

Postby Shayna » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:40 pm

I am having the same annoying problem. It's also not working in Firefox on High Sierra.
No one ever responds to questions - customer support sucks.
Shayna

Postby jmcgeathy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

1000x this. It's busy, harder to use, does not work well with touch screen devices, and it changed the default setting to log out automatically after a certain time to "no" (how is that secure?). Please undo this bad college UX class design experiment.
jmcgeathy

Postby furioussnail » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:22 am

The last update on Mojave really makes me think about switching. Support is horrible even though I am a Pro subscriber. Even this forum provides poor UX.
furioussnail

Postby poly6 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm

I finally gave up on Lastpass, cancelled my subscription and switched to BitWarden. I waited several months to see if Lastpass would fix this brain dead UI and gave up. It's too bad because everything was fine before the UI update. But the migration from Lastpass to Bitwarden was amazingly straightforward. It's not perfect but at least I'm not frustrated with its interface. Even a simple thing like sorting the list of usable passwords for a site based on last usage makes it sooo much better than Lastpass. Sorry, Lastpass, but goodbye.
poly6

Postby frustratedlastpassveteran » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:25 pm

The latest LastPass update continues to be terrible. Its functionality has halved compared to the old version. As LastPass remains silent, it will continue to lose loyal customers...

Shame on you, LastPass. You had a good product and you ruined it.
frustratedlastpassveteran

Postby texaslyn88 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Auto fill for my credit card no longer works either. Why won't you fix it??
texaslyn88

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 pm

texaslyn88 Wrote:Auto fill for my credit card no longer works either. Why won't you fix it??

It's been working just fine for me over the past several months.
jpenny84

Where on earth is the Add All Entered Info feature?

Postby musicollector » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Or, it was something to do that effect. It used to be a great tool for sites that did not prompt you. Now, it is gone. :-(
musicollector

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback