This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby acbiz76 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:41 pm

I just got the update with the new browser-plugin interface. Moving menu items around is one thing, but removing items is a really bad idea. Why was "Copy URL" removed? I used this frequently along with the other Copy Username and Copy Password items. For one of the online applications I use, URLs will change from time-to-time and I need to be able to copy them to the clip board without opening the Edit Site window or opening the site in a new tab. I sometimes keep sensitive info in the Notes field and I don't want open the Edit Site window unnecessarily, esp. with I am sharing my screen during an online meeting.

An while you are adding Copy URL back to the copy drop-down menu, why don't you include a Copy Notes menu item? I don't think four items in a drop down would be a problem. Do you?
acbiz76

Postby muppet21618 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:02 pm

I couldnt agree more the latest update has messed everything up, Ive spent days trying to get to grips with it
I have 30 names,numbers and details all in the order i like now they are all out of order and no way to reorder the display to the way it was so now ive reverted back to the older version i was using.

For those using Fiefox this is the solution i found, though not perfect its a good one to revert back to the original version of Laspss you were on where you can change the display names to the order you want and with the one button RIGHT Click and fill option.

im using Firefox quantum browser. and i simple had to go to this page-
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo ... /versions/

Then click on the REMOVE BUTTON of the new version -
Then scroll down to the version you were using before and click Add to browser
You dont need to close your browser it works straight away.

If i didnt find this option i was ready to switch to another password manager but i like Laspass and i really didnt want to change programms after using it for several years now.

Hope this helps someone it definitely helped me.
muppet21618

Postby profitdesire901 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:05 pm

WHO IN THE %*$@ APPROVED THIS LATEST UPDATED VERSION??? ARE YOU SERIOUS?? This person whoever it is should be fired IMMEDIATELY. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BACK OUT OF THIS VERSION AND TO REVERT TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION. UNREAL!
profitdesire901

Update

Postby mwallace1454 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:23 pm

Please, please, please roll back the update. The previous interface was easy and clean and now...what a mess!
mwallace1454

Postby heavyharmonies » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:42 am

It's pretty clear that this company doesn't give a damn about its customers and hasn't for a long time now. Continuous price increases combined with decreased usability and being completely deaf to the needs of the customer base. Long past time to move on, but sadly the competition has compromises, thus enabling Lastpass to continue being oblivious to the needs and wishes of its customer base. Sad, as before being bought out this was a decent product. R.I.P.
heavyharmonies

Postby agemmell7114 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:09 am

Clicked on 'update' this morning without realising what a mess it was! Takes longer to get to a folder now and have 'none' as folder names, which is pointless under 'payment cards' and cant change it. All my cards and passport details all messed up. Old version was much better, which i hasnt updated it.
agemmell7114

Postby panda549 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:33 am

I find this latest update is dreadful. It certainly is not user friendly, you cannot find anything, you have to trawl through the vault to find passwords, there is no autofill any longer and you cannot access your own personal details. I have used LastPass for several years but this is the worst update I have had. How can I revert back to the previous version?
panda549

If it aint broke, don't fix it

Postby ttewguityeywyw » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:14 pm

The previous UI was fine, might have needed a couple refinements, but this new one is nearly unusable. Despite the claim that my bank accounts would be gathered, the UI shows none them, nor can I navigate using the popup menu and have to open my vault to get to anything. :(
ttewguityeywyw

Postby paulsoffe257 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Agree completely .I thought perhaps it was me missing something.Filling in card bank details was just so easy .Now i have to copy and paste.Have been with lastpass for years :roll: but am now looking at moving within 2 weeks if not fixed
paulsoffe257

Postby kigeneralstore933 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 pm

Can I not have custom fields on address anymore? Why would you introduce an update that takes processes so many people were happy with and makes those processes less efficient?
kigeneralstore933

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback